The meeting

Sooo, this will be promising. Wonder why Aragorn left her. Tell me if you think you know.

I don't remember when everyone started fighting. I wasn't really paying attention. I was dozing off. I haven't even glanced down yet. I am trying to figure out how I managed to get past a NAZGHUL all those years ago. He didn't follow us, that's for sure or I don't think I'd be alive otherwise.

On another note, what is Sam doing behind that bush and where are the other 2? Oh, I see 'em.

"I will go to Mordor! Although I'm afraid I don't know the way." That sounds like a child. Like a Hobbit, but not like any of the other ones, which means that this must be Frodo. I wonder when I should go down. I don't want to interrupt the very honorable speeches that are going on down there. I snicker silently.

"As honorable and just it would be to have 9 companions, I cannot let you leave without a guide through Mordor. So you will be 10 companions." Elrond announces.

"Who is our last companion?" Sam, who was hiding in a bush earlier, asks. I jump off the tree I was resting on.

"That would be me, Sam Gamgee from the Shire." I smile at the Hobbits.

"Miss Narwyn from Winterfell!" Merry grins. I chuckle.

"So be it. You shall be the Fellowship of the Ring." Elrond smiles at me.

"Great. Where are we going?" I put my head back and laugh. This will be fun.

--

"Have everything you need?"

"Yes, Arwen." I chuckle. She embraces me.

"Do be careful. This won't be an easy task. And please try and figure out what is going on between you and Estel. I even spoke to Legolas for you and he was a bit tense." She mumbles.

"I'll try. Did he tell you anything?" I ask.

"He believes it has to do with you being of the race of Men, something you and I now know is not true."

"But Legolas didn't ask Aragorn for sure."

"No." I sigh. Of course he wouldn't. He doesn't like sharing the things that trouble him. The selfless, rightous, promised King of Gondor. I scoff at that.

"You will be fine. Every couple has it's downs."

"We never were a couple Arwen. A duo yes, but not a couple. We never were and probably never will be. Not after this." I smile sadly at her. She opens her mouth but is interrupted by a knock.

"Breakfast has been served my Lady."

"Thank you, Lindir." I grab my pack, mostly weapons and a fur I found when I went back to Winterfell. Happens to be my father's. The one he used to go hunting in the winter with his men. I shake my head clear.

"Will you join me? I don't want to go alone." Arwen takes my arm and smiles. We make our way to where breakfast is being held. All the boys are already seated. Arwen leaves my side to sit between Strider and Elrond while sit between Merry and Pippin, in front of Sam, Frodo and the Dwarf. Elrond and Gandalf are sitting face to face, then come Arwen in front of Legolas, Strider in front of a man, Pippin in front of Frodo, a seat free in front of Sam and Merry in front of a Dwarf.

"Good morning." They say.

"Morning." I grab some vegetables.

"My name is Gimli, son of Gloin."

"I am Narwyn. Tell, me Gimli, are you from the Blue Mountains?" I ask invested. His eyes start to sparkle.

"Indeed, lassie. Why is it that thee ask?"

"I was there before I came here. I was pleasantly surprised by the strength and numbers of Dwarrows and Dwarrowdams there."

"Yes, we are many there and a bit less in Erebor."

"I heard that there are some in Moria, if I am not mistaken."

"Yes indeed. My cousin Balin is there."

"Balin as in Balin from The Company of Thorin Oakenshield?!"

"Exactly lassie. My father Gloin was there as well." Gimli grins.

"Hold on, Gloin brother of Oin? Oh Valar! Is it true that they really saw a Dragon?"

"And fought! In the mines and halls of Erebor!" And so Gimli starts telling me about all the Companions he grew up with. I, being the curious being I am, listen completely, unaware of the discussion about me on the other side of the table.

"I met your father when they crossed our borders. I even imprisoned them." Legolas joins the conversation. My smile drops.

"Aye, I heard. I also heard that you tried to kill them, pointy ears." Gimli slams his hand on the table.

"Sounds like him." I grab my cup and drink. Gimli grins at me. We are going to get along just fine, he and I.

"Well, they were trying to escape. Of course I would. The only thing that stopped me were orcs." He sits beside Sam, who looks like he's going to faint of awe. Frodo is doing everything to hold his laughter.

"That or the fact that they were simply more skilled in escaping." I respond and Legolas glares at me.

"Aye, but they never would have escaped without the mind and help of Uncle Bilbo." Frodo looks up at the mention of the legandary Hobbit.

"You knew my uncle?"

"You are Uncle Boggins' nephew ? Then that makes you my cousin!" Gimli laughs. Frodo looks happy and insecure but smiles anyway. I shake my head in amusement.

"Narwyn, may I speak to you?" Legolas whispers.

"No." I smile bitterly.

"It is about why I believe we left. And a question as well." I bite my lip and sigh.

"I don't want to talk about it." I reply. He nods.

"May I then ask another question?"

"Yeah?"

"When were you in Mordor? In the realm, Land of Mordor." I smile at him.

"Before I met you, when I was still a Ranger."

"You were a Ranger!?" Pippin yells and all heads turn to me, either amused or surprised.

"Indeed I was, Pippin." I force a smile.

"Did you know Strider then?" Sam asks.

"Yes. Although he was very different, he was still as dramatic as now." I wink at the Hobbits who laugh. Even Legolas smirks and looks at someone behind me. Someone I really do not wish to look into the eye.

"Always good to know that you find that I am dramatic." He responds.

"I dare you give me a situation where you weren't dramatic, Esthel." Arwen teases him and takes his attention away from me. He starts talking to her and I mouth her a thank you. She smirks back.

"As interesting as this is, you have to leave soon." Elrond reminds us. I stand up first and grab Lindir's arm.

"See you in a minute, gentlemen." I nod at them, completely ignoring 2 men. One being Strider, the other one a man from Gondor who looks very familiar. Not in a good way. And maybe I am somewhat ignoring Legolas but less then the 2 others. I turn away and leave the room.

Words: 1195