Terrified

"As much as I appreciate it, kid, I actually need you to do something else for me."

While Red Son and Wukong distracted the Bone Demon, Macaque told Mei as quickly as he could about where the rope was and she nodded, face serious and determined as she dashed off in a streak of green light, her arc of lighting racing down through the cave and bouncing off the dim walls.

The Lady Bone Demon caught the light in her eye, turning to look only to be stumbling backward as Macaque appeared from behind her, tripping her up before slipping back into the shadows again before she could retaliate.

Now that she was on the ground, Wukong moved in to restrain her, kneeling on her back and grabbing her wrists to keep her still.

"How dare you!" She screamed out, kicking at him with her leg but Macaque grabbed those helpfully, his chest aching at how they were holding down their baby boy. Neither could see her eyes from there so for a second it was just MK being pinned down on the ground by them both, tossing and turning.

"Get your filthy hands off of me." She screeched and Wukong blinked away tears at the sight of his kid like this.

"Come on MK, I know you're in there. I'm here okay? I won't leave you again." He found himself saying, words spilling out. The Lady Bone Demon managed to get a grip on his arm, ice immediately spreading over his wrist in a cold burn. 

He let go of her hand in surprise and pain, giving her the opportunity to swing around onto her back, facing up at him as he quickly pinned her again, ignoring the sting in his arm.    

"What?" She hissed, eyes harsh now that he could actually see them. 

"You really think some useless words will change anything? What are you even trying to accomplish?" She mocked and Wukong flinched but didn't loosen his grip, eyes staring at MK's round cheeks and soft ears and markings much like his own before he finally landed on her eyes, staring into them without flinching. 

"You're stronger than her, kid. Don't let her tell you otherwise. I'm not going anywhere." His voice was soft and caring and the Bone Demon fell still, no longer straining against him as she blinked, expression dropping from hateful to confused.

He almost stopped breathing when the blue dimmed in his eyes, MK's bright golden showing beneath them as his kid looked up at him, blinking and trembling and eyes watering.

"Baba?" Wukong sucked in a breath at the sound of his kid's voice, as small, confused, and disbelieving as it was.

"MK." He choked his grip loosening. 

"No, Wukong, don't-" Macaque bearly had time to shout his warning when MK grinned, a shard of ice in hand as he surged towards and struck it deep into Wukong's chest, putting pressure on it and digging it deeper with a sick grin as her eyes glowed blue. 

"You really are so gullible, Sun Wukong." She purred next to his shocked face, driving the weapon deeper with a sadistic smile. 

"Willing to believe anything just to see your sweet, precious son again." She mocked, pulling the spike out as Macaque went to grab her and sending more ice at him after shoving Wukong off her. 

She watched as Wukong grabbed at his wound, blood seeping out as he forced himself to stand, taking a step away from her. It was a shame he couldn't bleed out, she thought to herself, but seeing him in pain was satisfying enough.

"You can- you can beat her, kid." He breathed out, determined even while his blood began to stain the ground.    

Macaque growled at the sight and lunged at her with his staff, eyes wild as she stepped away from his attack, touching the end of it with her hand before ice spread up the weapon, forcing him to drop it.