While We're Young

With a touch of inspiration from While We're Young by Jhené Aiko

But wholeheartedly with roseannevrse

•••

"It's not lost... Just, misplaced."

"Sure Jennie, you were definitely just wrapped up with the chem test to realize that the huge backpack wasn't slung over your shoulder." she derides, jumping off the bleacher as the shortcut to the library leads them back to the hallways inside.

Jennie doesn't follow, shaking her head in disappointment. "I didn't ask for a side comment, Park. And it's not that big."

The blonde spins on her heels, leaning far too close to the other girl's face. "But you know what is?".

"No, I don't. Nor do I care to find out." Jennie says, and Rosie turns back around as a smirk plasters on her face, dodging those feline eyes narrowing at her in spite. "Unfortunately though, it did have to be you who noticed it left at the library."

Rosie pushes the double doors open to the hallway, zipping up her varsity jacket to her chest, the short sleeves of the cheer uniform this year leaving her chilly indoors. "You should consider yourself lucky, practice hasn't started for me yet. Otherwise, you'd be searching all day for misplacing a backpack." She points behind her, raising a teasing brow at the brunette, "Didn't you leave it under the bleachers last time?"

"My last period was PE."

"Don't be shy, you can admit you were waiting for me to come out for practice."

Jennie scoffs, "You're unbelievable."

"What? Am I wrong?"

"You're big headed, that's what." Jennie scowls. "You've got the biggest ego in this entire school."

"Why thank you, I wear it like a crown." Rosie brags, running her fingers across the metal lockers as she slows her pace down the empty hall. "Are you gonna bow down before me?" she taunts, getting Jennie to grimly turn to her, "Or should I put you in your place?".

"I don't bow down to anybody," Jennie asserts, "I'm not like all the other bitches you fuck who get on their knees so willingly."

"Oh, so she does have a dirty mouth. Now where'd you get that information?"

"I know you, Roseanne Park."

"Funny, charming?– I know."

"You've got a bad reputation, and my friends know it too."

Rosie grins, "So you talk about me all day with your friends, that's how it is?"

"Don't get ahead of yourself. You're not all that."