THE DAY

|4|

Today's the DAY.

All I need to do is to silently go through the classes, keep my calm, not get into any unnecessary drama or fights with James, and then sneak in at night. Even after doing this like a million times already, the nerves get to me every single damn time. Let's just keep calm and let the day pass by in silence.

1st period

Nothing is going as planned. It's all chaos. The physics teacher, Mrs. Curtis, gave a surprise pop quiz on Thermodynamics. Can you believe it? FREAKING THERMODYNAMICS. She just makes me hate physics more and more everyday. And now I have to give a test on freaking thermodynamics. Great.

Why can't things go my way for once. Just once. That's all I'm asking. Gosh. I'll have to try and not let my bad mood be the reason I fail. I have to get atleast a B. Let's check the questions.

Q1: Which of the following process is used to do maximum work done on the ideal gas if the gas is compressed to half of its initial volume?
(a) Isothermal
(b) Isochoric
(c) Isobaric
(d) Adiabatic

Maximum work done? Will that be W= PV? Yeah, I guess. Isochoric is the one with volume, the thermal one is for temp, and the baric is for pressure. That leaves me with Adiabatic. That's the odd one out. Oh Lord, let it also be the correct one.

(d) Adiabatic

Next.

Q2: What is a necessary condition for a reaction to be spontaneous at all temperatures?
(a) ΔH < ΔG
(b) ΔG and ΔH should be positive
(c) ΔH = ΔG = 0
(d) ΔG and ΔH should be negative

Spontaneous. Means by itself. So G has to be negative to make the H negative and overpower the S and T in formula. So,
(d)

●●●

3rd period

I'm so tired already. One crazy physics class, and a super interactive literature class done. Many more to go. I just hope Mr. Kumar just leaves us to do loads of calculations. It calms me down. Just as I was hoping for a better day, and finally meeting Cassie (praying that she's not late again), I look up to see an old lady in her 60s, wearing a loose kaftan, entering the classroom. Please no. Pleast DON'T be what I think it is.

"Good Morning kids. Mr. Kumar is on leave today, and I'm the substitute. Don't disturb me, and I won't bother with you guys. And I don't want any noise. Carry on with whatever you were doing."

I've only got one saviour now, Cassie. I decide to put in my earphones and distract myself till she arrives. I open spotify and play my liked playist on shuffle. Look What you Made Me Do.

While I'm jamming to the beats of Taylor, I hear the ring of a notification from the messaging app. I open it up and see that it's Cassie.
Hey, I'm sorry I didn't inform you before, but I'm not coming today. Nothing much to worry, it's just a 101°. Love ya.

Just as I'm about to text back, another message pops up.
No Lectures when I'm sick. I don't need you to scold me too.