Glasses

Tobias Dean

I walk into the Richards' house and upstairs to Bens's room. Oliver hasn't left yet but that sure as hell doesn't stop me from flopping onto Bens's bed and curling up in his comforter.

Alice follows quickly behind me.

"You broke the jackass," Oliver observes from the floor which he still hasn't left.

"Toby," Alice says pitifully.

I mumble what was supposed to be a 'leave me alone' but probably sounded more like a syllable soup.

"What the fuck did you do?" Oliver says, now actually worried, scrambling forward to check on me.

I inhale deeply before turning my head and giving Alice a 'keep your mouth shut' look.

"It doesn't matter," She says, still looking at me sadly.

"They'll be home soon, Oliver do you mind telling mom that Ben and I have friends over,"

He frantically shakes his head and goes downstairs.

"She saw me," I groan.

"What?"

"That's why she kissed him, she saw me,"

She doesn't know how to respond to that.

"I think I'm going to stay at your house for a bit," I say suddenly.

"What, why?"

"Because I want to,"

Oliver comes back into the room followed by Ben, who proceeds to try to push me off the bed so he can collapse dramatically onto it. He fails and instead collapses onto me, but he doesn't move.

"I should have listened to you when you told me not to," He sighs and I can feel his whole body move with the motion.

"Why?"

"She kissed me, and then asked me to be her boyfriend,"

"Which is bad how?" I ask.

"I thought she was cool, but I don't want to be her boyfriend,"

"So you said no?"

"No."

I sit up hurling him off of me.

"What do you mean 'No'?" I ask the mass of blankets in which he may be somewhere in.

"I didn't want to hurt her feelings,"

"What the fuck?" I ask bewildered.

"What the fuck?" Oliver echos.

"Do you not think lying and pretending you like her is going to hurt her more?" Alice asks trying to be a voice of reason.

"Well she'll never figure out, she'll get tired of me eventually," He tries to justify himself.

I want to ask him why he thinks it's possible for anyone to get tired of him but I keep it to myself.

"Oh my god you are pathetic," I say instead flopping back into his bed.

I watch as he wiggles from the covers poking just his face out. His glasses are askew so I push them back onto his face with my thumb.

"I am not," He argues while he tries to escape his fluffy cage.

He wiggles closer to me with the effort.

"Fuck guys my dad wants me home,"

"Bye Oliver," He pokes a hand out to wave somehow and I wave too.
Oliver waves back and Alice offers to walk him out. He tries to deny it but she just laughs over it and follows him anyways