Waking up

Benjamin Richards

I wake up in Tobias's arms and am almost unfazed by it thinking I'm just back home and he's forced himself into my bed again. Then I remember everything that just happened and shoot up from my place in his arms. 

"So you're sober?" He almost whispers, making a gesture towards the front of the car, where his moms are sitting.

I nod settling right back where I was and he looks shocked at my reaction. I mean did we not have this whole gay awaking experience a few minutes ago? C'mon man keep up.

I consider just going back to sleep because what the fuck am I supposed to do right now, apologize for spitting in his mouth again?

But before I have the chance he starts talking, "I'm sorry I didn't move when you stuck your tongue in my mouth,"

I look up at him from my position where I'm half in his lap and raise an eyebrow at him, "Do you hear what you're saying?"

He looks confused and starts to say something but I interrupt him, "I forced my tongue in your mouth, I'm the one that really should be apologizing,"

"NO," He blurts, "I mean, it was fine, plus you already apologized,"

"So you don't want me to grovel at your feet and beg you to forgive me," He laughs at me and ruffles my hair, I don't know why he bothered because he ended up hitting himself in the face.

"So you were jealous of Alice?" He asks with a wide grin. I feel my face warm.

Tobias Dean

Lots of cursing comes from the front seat and the car swerves coming to a full stop before he has a chance to answer. My mother throws the car door open and yells at a mildly intoxicated kid from our school, she ends it with, "Get in,". Which would've been fine if not for who it was.

"Caleb," I say pretending to be excited to see him.

"Ah you guys," He slurs, maybe not mildly.

"Oh, hey Rex," Caleb squeezes Ben's foot and then slides in and I pull Ben closer to me so Caleb isn't sitting on his feet.

"Mom, can we kick him out?" I ask immediately after that.

"No, he'll die," Ma responds, looking at us in the mirror.

"I mean..."  Ben elbows me harshly.

"Ah, I'm not after him man,"

Ben looks confused as fuck and I'm almost tempted to laugh at his ignorance but instead shift my attention to Caleb, "Sure you're not,"

"Yeah bro, which-a-ma-call-it told me he was taken," He says as like that should help.

"But, I had broken up with-"

He interrupts him, "Not by her, by him."

He goes bright pink and hides his head in his hands.

"Where are you headed?" My ma said with barely contained laughter.

He gives her his address and she takes a turn onto a residential road very soon after starting to drive again. I sigh in relief over the fact he's leaving soon.

It takes only a few awkward minutes and a few failed conversations that were almost entirely incoherent after that to drop him off at home.

Once he finally leaves Ben stretches back out across the back seat leaving me with just his head in my lap. A soft song comes on on the radio, and he hums quietly and I watch him fall asleep to it soon. Not long after I join him.