Koboro

Sirius was grounded for long days

While Alya and Regulus were spending their free time playing magical chess with Andromeda, reading books about Hogwarts, flying blissfully on broomsticks (only Regulus, Alya as always kept her distance from any object that might lift her off the ground) or simply bivouacking on the green lawn that stretched the entire length of the garden around the manor, Sirius, on the other hand, was forced to spend endless hours cooped up in some room of the house, studying antiquated books explaining the rules of behaviour expected of young noble wizards of his rank.

Every now and then, Walburga questioned him about the chapters he had learnt by heart, making sure that the concepts she held dear had properly penetrated her son's mind.
However, as good as Sirius was at reciting these rules verbally, he found it very difficult to put them into practice.

Apologising to Bellatrix, of course, was out of the question. Whenever his mother tried to introduce the subject, Sirius categorically refused all demands, thus prolonging the punishment inflicted on him.

Although she felt sorry for him, Alya couldn't agree with her brother's stubbornness. Sirius wasn't getting any good out of behaving like this. Not to mention that, as stubborn as he could be, his mother worked harder. It was a game already lost at the start.

Nevertheless, Sirius wouldn't give in, refusing to bow to Bellatrix's and Walburga's wishes. The punishment continued and that had profound consequences on the child's mood. Sirius became increasingly gloomy, grumpy and irritable with each passing day.

A fierce rage was devouring Sirius, Alya could clearly see it in his eyes. In her brother's grey irises, so much like her own, the little Black had discerned a strange spark that didn't bode well.

A very bad feeling grew in Alya. A premonition of danger that unfortunately came true.

***

It was a dark and quiet night. A dense silence permeated the confines of Arcturus Black's estate. Everyone slept peacefully inside the ancient manor house.

Everyone except Alya. The young girl was plagued by strange nightmares; fragmented, incomprehensible images caused her such anguish that she tossed and turned between the sheets.

Reduced to exhaustion, Alya finally woke up in a daze. Her body was in a sweat bath, shivering with a horrible feeling.

She closed her eyes again, for a few moments, to concentrate. She tried to grasp the fragments of her dream, still scattered in her memory. In vain. Alya couldn't remember nothing of what she had dreamt.

Nothing at all but one name. Sirius.

Alya suddenly opened her eyes and leapt out of bed.

Wrapped in nothing but her light cotton nightgown, Alya walked out of her room and into the silent darkness of the corridor. She walked slowly, careful not to make the slightest noise so as not to wake those who were sleeping. She advanced determinedly until she reached Sirius's room.