Uzumaki Naruto

"His name is Naruto Uzumaki."

Hinata sat back in her seat, shifting through the file on the table. The folder holds a variety of snapshots and research of said man. She picked up a picture of him, holding the image between her fingers. He was a handsome young man with blonde hair and dark-whiskered cheeks. Lips set in a thin line and eyes as empty as glass. He appeared to be sad in the picture. Sorrowful even.

Despite the look on his face, she felt something chilling about his picture.

As she set that image on the table the one under it showed a completely different story. The boy was smiling, eyes sparkling like gems- it was unfitting for a mug shot, especially for someone who had massacred his friends in a horribly gruesome way.

An old chubby finger touched the picture on the table with a few taps, "These pictures were taken within five minutes of itself." The white-haired man clarified.

Hinata sat the pictures down and held her hand upon them, closing her eyes as she tried to feel emotions from the two. It was quite the same and gave her the same feeling as when she first touched the folder.

Chaos.

Hinata slowly moved her hands from the picture, a shiver running through her body as she clasp her hands. They felt the same, this boy couldn't have a demon inside him.

"Is he... bipolar, or does he have a split personality?" Hinata questioned but the woman to her right shook her head, blonde hair moving side to side.

"Look at these." Tsunade moved the paper out of the way. "Medical records for when we found him." She explained pointing to a picture of a broken and bruised arm. Then she flipped the page for her, "This was taken on the same day." The next picture was of a perfectly good arm, not a blemish in sight. "And... there are also these..."

She showed Naruto's report, Hinata's heart growing heavy with each word that she scanned. The demon was named Kurama and he came out the night of his birthday, killing all his friends. She closed the folder with a heavy sigh, both pairs of eyes awaiting her response. They must have seen her hesitation, the older woman taking the initiative to speak.

"We understand... that you are not your father... I hope for a speedy recovery for him... but we had no one else to turn to... the demon is getting stronger by the second... and Neji is across the globe with another client... You are our only hope..." Tsunade let her voice drop as well as her head.

The despair created by the two was suffocating, it was hard for the dark-haired woman to breathe. Hinata turned her head so that she may look outside, she gave them her truth. "I... don't know if I will be strong enough to kill this demon..."

Jiraiya took in a frantic breath, "If- If you can just give it a try... that's all we are asking. We will pay you whatever you want even if you don't get it done!"

Jiraiya's desperation took her by surprise, she had already felt it but it was a different story for him to expose himself. She blinked at him worriedly, she wasn't sure if she was right for this job. "I do not wish to take your money for something I cannot complete, I would rather you save it for Neji or someone else within the clan."

The man looked as though he was about to say something but Tsunade reached across the table to set a hand upon his, halting his tongue. The older woman cleared her throat, giving Hinata a reassuring gaze, she spoke softly as if not to scare her away, "Or... even if you can put him to sleep. That way we can wait until Neji comes back."

Hinata rolled the idea around within her mind. Putting a demon to sleep was a lot easier than killing it... but still, she wasn't nearly as strong as Neji and nowhere near as powerful as her father. She wanted to say no, but how could she when they put the weight of their world on her shoulders? It would be a temporary bandaid but she could do it. "Okay... I will try."