Tic Tic

Time.

Time was of the essence.

Hinata was upon her feet with only six hours of sleep, grasping every second she had. She made quick work with Kō, easing the poor man's stress. Once that storm was clear she was on her way to the Hyuga compound. Her family had a library of information that she wanted to get her hands on.

She had passed it by Kō as a simple interest... 'Hungry for more knowledge.' He was a bit skeptical of her interest but he said nothing else. It was safe to assume after Tsunade and Jiraiya slipping him a fast one he will never let any other case slide past his boarded walls again, with or without her knowledge.

Once she was at the library she had moved with restrained steps. She didn't want Kō to see the severity of the situation. She had to make it seem like a relaxing day... casually browsing books and drinking hot tea. She certainly couldn't reveal that her life was far from okay.

Not after... him.

'Behave.'

The demon's voice echoed like a phantom in the wind.

She was relieved when she realized he was gone but it was like he was still there, breathing down her back. Watching her. His voice playing within her mind.

Even with him gone he haunted her. If she were to move across the planet she'd still wouldn't feel safe. She was just another toy within his box, to do as he pleased.

Until he's done with me... Hinata thought morbidly as she sat down with another book, pushing aside her pile. She took a glance at Kō who was enjoying a book of his own. As if feeling her gaze, he took a pause to lock eyes with her. She gave him a reassuring beam before returning to the task at hand.

It was a perfect plan. She can sedate Kō's worries while simultaneously gathering information. Kō was more than happy to oblige, he replied within the very second she sent him a text. He must have been worried sick, but after a few more reassuring lies he was at ease. Having to put a smile on her lips and force such a happy façade was taxing on her soul. She hated lying to him. Hated lying period. Yet this was for his own good, she refused to allow her guilt to sway her tongue. If she told Kō what was really going on... what would he do? Better question... what would Naruto do?

The woman's stomach felt sour as she finger the corner of the page. She didn't want to know the answer to that. He has already put her father in a coma, which he seemed to have wanted to kill him. If he could do that to one of the most powerful clan member there was no telling what he was cable of. In other words they were absolutely weak compared to him.

Yet here she was still walking around freely, after dancing with the devil. He could have easily put her in a coma like her father but he didn't. He had a sick obsession toward her. Why Hinata couldn't understand. Possibly because she was everything he wasn't. Sweet, innocent, kind, selfless... and he was... Naruto. A demon filled with selfishness and sick desires. Regardless of his reason for choosing her and she needed to use that to her full advantage. It was her only weapon. She needed to fight this demon one on one. It was the only way to protect her family and friends. Or... what if she couldn't... maybe she can't... What if he uses them against her? He was sick in the head. She wouldn't put it past him.

What sick games did he have up his sleeve? She truly did not want to know, but something told her, this was only the beginning.

She puffed her cheeks in slight frustration, finding  yet another book of useless information. Good information! Yet nothing that can help her with her battle ahead. Closing the book she sat it down, and picked up a different one. Her orbs flickering to the clock on the wall, the red hand spinning faster than she remembered.