Punishment

Soft pitter patters hit the cool window of Hinata's bedroom window. The sound roused the woman from her slumber, her chest heaving a sigh from the disturbance. A soft grumble fluttered from her lips as she rolled over to hug her pillow, closing her eyes so that she may hopefully find her way back to sleep.

Nature's melody normally calmed her but today was different. Any noise had her on edge. Her once cozy home no longer eased her stress. She lived by herself, away from everyone else. Her house was built within the crevices of a green forest a few miles away from civilization.

It was a two-story home, with wide windows so she could see the serene beauty within her yard. She did not want anything too big but her father overdid it for her graduation present, claiming it would be the perfect place for her to start a family.

'To grow into' he had told her.

It was the best gift she could have asked for, especially considering her condition. Her father was aware of how her gift affected her, sometimes he would find her on the floor curled in a whimpering ball. Overstimulated by the constant flood of emotions. The city was no place for her. It was hard to deal with the variety of people every single day. Everyone's emotions ran through her. It was okay with a few people but the abundance of people strained her.

She learned to shut it off but she was left feeling weird. Almost as if someone put noise canceling headphones upon her ears and all she could feel was white noise. Nothing. She couldn't feel anything. It didn't feel right. Sometimes she would turn it off but she would rather feel something than nothing.

So when she graduated her father saw to it that she'd be able to live her life comfortably away from people, of course with home security. It was an extra precaution on his part but he knew she was safe without it. She could feel ill intent from a mile away. The police would be at her house before the culprit could even step foot on her property.

Her friends worried about her being alone but she reassured them, letting them know she liked her hidden area. It's her safe space. The place she runs to when she has had enough of the world. Her comfort zone, her hug after a long day. Her only neighbors were deer, squirrels, birds, and other wildlife. All of them were sweet and kind. It was perfect. Animals were always easier to deal with when it came to her abilities. They had a calm aurora without an evil bone in their body. As innocent as can be. Even the predators held no cruel intentions, they hunted to survive. Their presence was relaxing, and she would invite them to her backyard. Feeding them when she had spare food to give.

She lived a calm life. Rarely did she go out. Kō was her middleman if there was a job for her. He'd deny any demon possessions or anything too dangerous for her- Tsunade and Jiraiya must have known since they worked closely with her father. They lied to Kō and showed him false documents about their situation so they could get close to her. Hinata was weak at heart, unable to turn away anyone in need of her help. She couldn't turn them away. It was the first time she wished she denied her stupid need to always help others.

The pitter-patter on her window grew louder, the woman unable to sleep, her eyelids flinched with each tap. Giving up, Hinata slid out of her bed, padding across her dark wooden floors. Her stomach sour as she grabbed her thick dark purple curtains pulling them apart. A blonde man sat on her roof, his head leaning to the side of her window sill. Upon seeing her A large grin spread across his face, excitement lifting his eyes. The pitter-patter had stopped, his black nails moving away from her window as he waved at her. "Good morning Hinata-chan~." He perked up like a puppy seeing his owner.

Hinata glared at the demon.

"Go away Uzumaki."

Naruto bit his lip with a sharp canine," I love when you say my name like that..."