5

It was the sun shining directly in your eyes that made you open one eye, about to curse at Mina but realising you were not in your room in Eden, no-

You were in Wonderland now. Even the morning sky was different here.

You stretched a little, turning to see if Yunho was still asleep but he was seated on the sofa, already dressed in a white shirt and pants, reading a book- or maybe zoning out since he was holding the book upside down.

"Enjoying the book?" Your voice was husky.

"Oh, you're awake- uh, yeah," he said, and you pointed at a book with a smile, which was when he realised that you could clearly see the upside-down title. He grinned, shutting the book, "I was reading, but then I zoned out and somehow it's upside-down now."

"It's okay," you finally sat in your bed, feeling a little insecure because you probably looked 'wonderful' after waking up. "Not late for breakfast, am I?"

"Since it's our first day, we're pardoned from attending the breakfast early. It'll be ready as soon as we arrive."

"Good," you got up, stretching once again a little too long and then groaning, "I'll... be back, can you call for Mina?"

"Yep," Yunho got up, going outside and you finally got the courage to look in the mirror-

"Fucking hell."

You looked like a wreck with the leftover makeup from last night now smudged around your eyes and your hair sticking out in all directions. What a sight to show to your husband for the first time. Shaking your head, you went to the toilet and by the time you were out, Mina had your dress- a light pink pearly gown- ready with the accessories and all. She smiled at you, "Slept well?"

"Surprisingly, yes," you nodded, sitting in front of the mirror and letting Mina style you as she told you about her new room and how the view was great, to which you agreed, and how she was already on friendly terms with the people around her.

"Everyone's so friendly here, I don't know if it's because we're new, but I've seen them talk to each other when they think I'm not there," Mina put pearls in your hair, "They're a really friendly bunch. You'll love everyone."

"So no one's uptight like in Eden?" You smirked, "That's a good change."

Yunho entered after a knock, smiling because he'd heard you from the slightly open door, "You're in for a ride- I apologise in advance for my friends that you'll be meeting today."

"I've forgotten all their names and faces, I met so many people yesterday," you shook your head, "You gotta introduce them to me properly. I've heard so much about them already."

Mina left with a bow and you stood in front of the full-length mirror, checking yourself out. Yunho was smiling, "They'll love you. You ready?"

"Do I look okay? I hope this is not too much- I don't know how it is here."

"You look pretty, don't worry," he simply said, offering his arm, "Let's go."

You took his arm, commenting on his baby pictures as you went out of his chamber and greeted the new guards, observing the hallways and trying to memorise the path- it was the first time you were in the right headspace to actually observe your surroundings. The castle was similar in its colouring to the one back in Eden, and that's where the resemblance ended- there were more arches, everything was somehow grander- or perhaps it was the clever use of gold and navy blue.

You arrived at the dining hall where the Queen and the King were already present, accompanied by a few other people you recognized from last night but couldn't recall who. Everyone cheered as you entered and you curtsied.