9

You were back in Wonderland, waiting for Yunho who was to arrive shortly from Halaland. You had met with the King and the Queen and explained Eden's position and your own position as well. The Queen had hugged you and told you she was glad that you made Yunho happier and that the rest was up to you two.

You were biting your nails unceremoniously when he arrived and you almost rushed to the hall where he was with his parents and Seonghwa, Hongjoong and the rest of the advisors. You met eyes with him- his weary face told you it hadn't gone well.

"Was your trip alright?" You greeted him and he kissed your forehead- a habit now.

"It was, though it didn't turn out good," he sighed, "It's war now. I'm sorry I couldn't do anything."

"It's not your fault, can you smack him for us?" Seonghwa called and you did, making everyone laugh, "He's been beating himself over it."

"Some things just aren't in our hands," the King said, "You did good. Now, it's time to plan. I'll meet up with the Captains. Yunho, you should rest. We need you fully rested tomorrow so you'll be in the right headspace.

After dinner, you two went to your chamber where Yunho collapsed on the sofa, and you brought his tea there. You told him about your trip to Eden, an utter disappointment. He looked grim, nodding silently as he heard your story, your heart beating nervously now.

"I hate, hate my parents for being the most selfish people on this planet," you scoffed, "They stooped low. I'm sorry, Yunho."

"It's not your fault," he caressed your hand, "You did everything you could. And their decision... As selfish as it sounds, they care for their people and have to look at their best interests. I can't blame them."

Your mouth was in a thin line and you shook your head, "Wonderland against Eden... Never thought I'd see this day, in this situation."

"It's sad, but it is what it is," Yunho got up, standing at the window, peering down at his city, "We got married so Wonderland and Eden could be allies at times like this, but with this decision... the reason for the marriage has pretty much evaporated, hasn't it?"

You froze in the middle of picking the cup, putting it back down as you cleared your throat- here it was. What you dreaded the most. He probably hated you right now.

Yunho turned to look at you, passing you a sad smile that made your heart shatter into a million pieces, "Halaland is at war with us and will come for Eden if you stay with me- they'll always suspect Eden as long as you're here. So... my dear Princess, I'm giving you the choice to go to your home and protect it. Protect your kingdom. You don't have a reason to stay here anymore."

"I can't believe you're saying this to me right now," you scoffed, "I have a very good reason, Prince. Wonderland is my home now. I am Wonderland's Princess. We stay together, and we fight together. Eden is not a home to me, and I will never return there- even if you let me go. You probably hate me right now, but please don't make me go to Eden- I'll settle somewhere in Wonderland or hell, I'd rather go to Mist Island than to return to Eden-"

"Wait, why would you want to stay?" Yunho frowned, "You hated the idea of this arranged marriage. The reason we're here in the first place has dissolved. Why, Princess? You could go back home and protect it-"

"I told you, idiot," you almost cried, "You are a big enough reason for me to stay. I may have disliked the idea of an arranged marriage, but Yunho... you're more than I deserve. You've made me feel like a fucking queen when I've never even felt like a princess. So if you want me to go... I will. But my answer is clear- I love Wonderland, and I love you, and I'm staying and fighting for you unless you want me gone-"