6

The next day was spent packing your bags and planning the little tour with Yunho's friends. Yunho showed you around the castle, the gardens, and promised to show you what he knew of the maze-like secret passages once you were back. You told him he didn't need to- you couldn't imagine getting lost and someone finding your bones there. Yunho assured you that he wasn't stupid enough to not leave a trail- Wooyoung once had, and had ended up getting lost and creating so much noise by simply yelling that the guards got to him rather quickly just for the sake of shutting him up. You couldn't help but laugh- it was a very Wooyoung thing.

Yunho had been working on some documents for hours now and you had been out with Mina who showed you around her room and introduced some of her new friends that she had made here. When you got back, Yunho nodded at you in acknowledgement, going right back in. You changed into comfortable clothes and poured some wine for him- the one you had often seen him drink. You sat down beside him and he thanked you, slumping back in his chair as he took a sip.

"You must be tired- I hope I'm not disturbing you?"

"You're not," he assured you, "Just working on some strategies for defence at the border in the North- Halaland is becoming more aggressive than we thought."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, they've heard of the marriage, but they're still pushing on with the attacks at the border," he sighed, "My father is trying to figure out what they want, meanwhile I'm preparing for the worst case possible."

"And that is?"

"Don't worry- we probably won't get to that," he patted your leg, "How was your day?"

"Good. Just tired from all the walking we did today, but I suppose that ought to prepare me for our trip."

Yunho grinned, "I'm getting this all done tonight so I won't have to take this with me during the trip- I really, really need a breather. Really."

You laughed, "You want me to keep company while you work, or... do you prefer working alone?"

"A little company would be nice," he glanced at you, "Unless you want to sleep, in which case, go ahead."

"Well, as you should know, I excel at defence strategies. You want me to take a look?"

Yunho stared at you for a minute as if contemplating his decision, "Not that I don't trust you, but... it is confidential, so I hope you don't leak this information."

"I'm thoroughly offended that you could think so of me," you took the papers from him, "I would never do that- I know what leaks can cost us very well. Oh, and I'm also angry at all of Eden in general, in case you didn't notice."

"You still are?"

"Why shouldn't I be?" You looked through the plans for the troops, making mental calculations, "They sold me out. I should sell them out, don't you think?"

Yunho was quiet for a minute before he said, "I hope you're... happy here."

You placed the papers down, meeting his eyes, "Oh, of course I am. Yunho, I didn't mean that I'm not happy here- you're more than I deserve. But it's just my parents that I'm angry at since they stole the choice from us."

"I suppose that makes sense," Yunho sighed, rubbing his face, "Where would we be if we had a choice, I wonder."

"Well, I'd probably have to marry one Prince or another, a 'worthy' suitor, you know how it goes," you scoffed, "And you'd be meeting pretty princesses who'd laugh at everything you say and giggle with a hand over their mouths instead of howling like I do-"

"I prefer the howling," Yunho teased.

"No, you don't," you smiled but didn't look at him.

"My mother used to say that everything that happens is meant to be," he shifted in his chair, "if two people are meant for each other, they'd end up together one way or another."