Ask for Help

TW- gore, blood, panic attack

Eventually they were all walking back to Colony house with Y/N trailing behind. Noah did stay close to her though making sure she didn't get left behind. All of their laughter stopped though when they heard small cries, " Noah! Julie!" They all looked forward a bit seeing Ethan running towards them with tears running down his face. His siblings both go up to him quickly to comfort him.

"Hey, hey, hey. What's wrong." Noah states calmly as they both look at him.

"Where's Mom and Dad?" Julie asks urgently which causes Ethan to cry more. "Hey, what's wrong?" rubbing his back.

"Don't cry, come here." Noah says softly, bringing him into his arms as he comforts his brother. Julie rubbed his back as the people behind them looked at the siblings in concern.

-----

At the barn everyone was crowded around as Jim found Tabitha and now they were both searching for Ethan. They ran out of the barn and heard the yells of their kids, "Mom! Dad!" the eldest kids yelled out. Noah was carrying Ethan in his arms as the 5 people all ran towards the barn. Tabitha straight away took her youngest child in her arms with Noah rubbing her back in comfort and Jim pulled his daughter into his arms. Y/N ended up breaking away from the group and staring at the dead body of Nathan. She didn't know Nathan but seeing the dead body and all the blood made her get flashbacks from her past. She started panicking and ended up running away from the whole thing. But in the process she had dropped her pencil without knowing. Noah, who had broken away from the hug with his Mum and brother, looked around to see if she was there anymore but found her pencil on the floor. He took it and put it in his pocket to give to her later on. As he moved back to his family and continued to comfort them.

-----

The Matthews family were on their way to the house when Boyd and Father Khatri stopped them. Jim ushered everyone into the house while he had a conversation with the 2 men which turned into Jim yelling at the 2. Back in the house Tabitha still had Ethan in her arms as she comforted him. "Where did you find him?" she asked her eldest children.

"Um, we were just coming back... well it doesn't really matter. But he was running up the hill to Colony house." Julie states as Noah rolls the pencil in his fingers.

"You did good, Julie and Noah." Jim states moving around the living room.

Tabitha turns to her oldest, "can you both take him upstairs, please." she then turns to Ethan, "can you go upstairs." She then gives Ethan a kiss on the head as Noah takes Ethan in his arms. And Julie follows them.

"Come on buddy. Let's go read the 'cromawhatsit'." Julie says.

"It's 'the cromanockle'." Ethan corrects

"Yeah, Julie get it right." her older brother taunts. Only receiving an eye roll from the girl.

"Oh, yeah, that's what I said." she replied as they all went up the stairs.

-----

Later that night Julie and Noah got back to the house before dark. They were about to go to bed when Noah felt the pencil in his pocket. He then turns to Julie, "hey I'll be back in a second." he says as she crawls into her bed and is about to close the curtains.

She looks at him suspiciously for a second, "okay." she says before closing her curtains.

Noah walks out the door and lightly knocks on Y/N's door, "hey, you dropped your pencil near the barn. I just wanted to give it back to you." he says softly before waiting for a couple of seconds before opening the door. He looks over to the windowsill she normally is in and sees something concerning. He sees her there rocking herself in a ball, hands on her head, shaking and mumbling 'make it stop' over and over again. He quickly goes over to her, "hey, hey, hey. It's okay," he soothes, not quite touching her yet but it seems to do nothing. "You're okay. You're okay." he states and then slowly takes her hand which he was surprised she didn't flinch at and softly rubs it. "I'm gonna go get Ellis, okay." he goes to move but she grabs his hand tightly. He sits back down and continues to rub her arm. 

He then slowly moved her hand and placed it on his chest right near his heart so she could feel the movements. "Okay, I want you to take deep breaths with me okay. Like this, In." he takes a deep breath in, "out." he releases. "Okay now you're going to do it with me," she shakes her head and buries it in her knees further. "Yes, you can.'' He then starts leading her into calming her breathing and soon he gets her breathing under control. She is still shaking slightly but not as much as before. He then places his hand on top of hers that's on his chest rubbing it softly. After a little bit more time he says, "okay, I'll let you rest." not wanting to push her anymore, he moves to stand up but stops once he feels her hand grab at his shirt. He sits down again waiting for her patiently to say something.

Soon she musters up the courage, "will you stay with me?" she asks quietly in a broken voice that makes Noah's heart clench for the girl.

He was slightly taken aback by this but didn't mind whatsoever. "Yeah." he then gets an idea that might calm her down more. "I'll be back in a second okay.'' He then gets up to move but she still keeps a tight grip on his shirt, not letting go. "I promise," he says softly. She slowly loosens her grip on his shirt and he softly places her arm down. And leaves the room.

He comes back with the book he is in the middle of reading, he sits where he was sitting before on the windowsill in front of her. "I got a book, I thought listening to something boring would help a little," he explains, chuckling. He then looks over to the bed on the other side of the room and then turns back to the girl in a ball. "You might be more comfortable laying down as well. I can help you move over there if you want.'' 

She doesn't respond but slowly starts moving to stand up. Although she was so exhausted from her emotional outburst she nearly fell over. She expected to be hit with the ground but strong arms caught her before she could. He lightly sets her but keeps an arm around her to help her which she seems to slightly relax under. 

He sets her down on the bed and she softly lowers herself so she is laying down on her side, she looks at him for the first time. Noah takes in all her features being as that was the first time he saw her face while she took in his. Noah puts the blanket softly over her and goes to sit on the floor as she softly watches him with a red face and tear streaked cheeks. He then sits down next to her bed on the floor and opens the book and starts reading. She soon stops shaking and starts to fall asleep. He notices this and starts reading in his head not to wake the girl. 

He looks up for a second and her sketchbook catches his eye. It was on the ground near where she was sitting before and was open on a particular page. He slowly moves over to there and looks at the drawing, he then turns back to the girl and looks at her in concern. The drawing was of a girl bleeding out in a chair while a man was over her smiling with a bloody knife in hand.

short chapter again.