𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐨

02.I Try To Laugh About It, Hiding The Tears In My Eyes.

I Try To Laugh About It, Hiding The Tears In My Eyes

River,

I know it's a bit early for me to already be writing to you, but I'm assuming you wouldn't mind since you and mum are always nagging me for not writing much.

I suppose I have been faring well, and so has Sage. I spoke to him a few days ago and haven't seen him since then. You know how embarrassed he is to be seen with me at school. I suspect he thinks that having his older brother ask about his wellbeing will make him look like a child in front of his friends. I don't see the problem with that considering the fact that he still is a child. He's barely into his fourteenth year and he's acting like he's all grown up.

Sixth year is already proving to be torturous. I'm trying not to think about my final year too much, but Sun-hee is already panicking because of the final exams, which we aren't even close to taking, and in turn this is making me slightly anxious. She insists on thinking farther into the future, because, in her words, sixth year will be over in no time and we will quickly find ourselves sitting for our N.E.W.T.S. I think that's just the Ravenclaw in her speaking. You know how much of an overachiever she is.

Achilles hasn't been speaking to me at all since we came back to school, and it's completely infuriating. He talks to Mateo, Halima and Sun-hee and pretty much anyone else in the school who happens speaks to him, but when he so much as catches sight of me anywhere in the corridors, he immediately goes the opposite way. River, if something terrible happens to my idiotic best friend, I am not be blamed. He'll merely be facing the consequences of his actions.

Otherwise, everything else is still the same. I still despise Sirius Black, now more than ever. He keeps on finding ways to annoy me, and River, I am really trying my best not to do anything drastic in retaliation because I know how disappointed you will be, but I can only have so much patience before I decide to drown him in the lake or something equally as horrible. You know I'm not like you. I don't know how to keep calm in the presence of morons.

I don't know why he insists so much on making me miserable! And I'm absolutely at my wit's end. The next you'll be hearing from me, it might not be under the best of circumstances because I swear on Merlin's beard, I will unleash my wrath on that pretentious git before then.

If mum asks, tell her I'm doing well. Sage and I both are. I'll ask him to write if he hasn't already. Write back as soon as you can. I'd like to hear of how you are faring on back home.

(Pray for my sanity. Merlin knows I need all the help I can get.)

Love,
Rain.