𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫

04.Further Apart, The Closer That We Are.

cw; mentions of kidnapping, depictions of a panic attack (I'll put a star at the when its about to start so that you can skip it if you want

★彡

─ ✦𝐀𝐒 𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐋𝐖𝐀𝐘𝐒 𝐃𝐎𝐄𝐒, Rain avoids the impending crisis like it’s the plague.

It’s not anything new, really. He’s done so plenty of times in his short and very miserable life, because apparently the entire universe thrives on making him suffer.

Take third year, for example, when he had the misfortune of being kidnapped by a deranged man claiming to be his 'biological father', and then said man proceeded to hold him captive for nearly two weeks. Even so, Rain could hardly remember what happened most of the time. He mostly just remembers walking through Hogsmeade with Achilles and Sunhee by his side one moment, then waking up in a bed at St Mungo’s the next, his mother crying hysterically by his bedside while clutching his limp hand like it was the only thing tethering her to this world.

From that while experience, Rain learnt that the best way to deal with life changing crises is to ignore them completely. Never spoke about it to anyone, not to his mother to confirm whether that man was telling him the truth, because his father is and will forever be Adam Fairchild, not even when his parents sent him to about a million mind healers because, in their words, that experience was bound to scar him in many ways. Rain merely scoffed in the face of such accusations, because he was completely fine. And he’d be damned if he let anyone tell him otherwise.

So, yeah. Rain is absolutely going to ignore this whole thing.

Unless someone decides to do something stupid, like approach him in the middle of Honeydukes when he’s trying to stop Sunhee from buying out the entire shop. And by someone stupid, he means Sirius fucking Black.

“Merlin, kill me now,” he mutters under his breath. Sunhee has a death like grip on his forearm as she stares at the chocolate frogs on display, and she turns to him when she manages to catch the sentence with her sharp ears. Perks of being a musical prodigy who plays about ten different instruments, he supposes.

Sunhee grimaces, and it takes actual effort for Rain not to hit the back of her head for just standing there, doing nothing. He doesn’t think he can deal with this right now, or ever for that matter. “Maybe he’s not coming here. I bet he hasn’t even seen us,” Sunhee, always the optimist, tries consoling, but she is immediately proven wrong because Sirius is looking right at the both of them, an arm loosely wrapped around Peter Pettigrew’s shoulders. Rain’s eyes momentarily flit to Sirius’s lips, and he’s taken back to the Charm’s corridor. “Fuck,” he hisses, a flash of panic stabbing him directly in his chest “Fuck, fuck, fuck!”