𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

03. Maybe I'm Mistaken

 Maybe I'm Mistaken

★彡

─✦𝐎𝐊𝐀𝐘. 𝐒𝐎, 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐈𝐒𝐍'𝐓 𝐀𝐍𝐘 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐎𝐍 to panic, not at all.

He usually has a logical explanation for everything, and this won't be any different. Rain can handle this, whatever the hell this is. He just needs to find out exactly why this even exists.

First things first, who the bloody hell was that snogging Sirius Black in the corridor?

Not that it's any of his business, he's just curious as to who has managed the misfortune of becoming Sirius's latest victim. And now as he thinks this, he realises he's bound to obsessively think over this until he eventually makes it his business.

But it shouldn't matter. Sirius can snog whoever he wants to and it shouldn't affect him. If anything, the only feelings he should have about it is disgust, because students at Hogwarts are apparently incapable of doing their displays of affection in private, his default reaction in seeing such things is immediately feeling disgust— nevermind the fact that Sirius and whoever he was with were in a secluded part of the castle.

Why is he even letting this bother him so much? He's been the library for about fifteen minutes now and he's barely started working on his potions essay— which was the intended purpose of walking out of the dorm that afternoon. He shouldn't be wasting time thinking about things that have no effect on him whatsoever.

If anything, he thinks to himself as he furiously dips his quill into his ink pot, I feel sorry for the poor soul involved with that sorry excuse for a human being.

He pulls out his quill and his hand hovers over his roll of parchment. And he thinks and thinks and thinks, but all the thoughts he intends to put down on paper are all jumbled up in his head, and it reminds him of the incredibly loud and grating muggle music Mateo sometimes makes him listen to, because whenever he does, it leaves him all muddleheaded. Exactly like now.

An aggravated sigh escapes his lips and he gets overwhelmed with the urge to knock something over, just to soothe his nerves. He sets his quill down and glances at his ink pot furtively. It's not a well thought out decision, but he knocks it over forcefully.

The pot falls to the library floor with a loud clunk, and the sound startles the blonde Slytherin girl a few seats down from him, and she looks up from the parchment before to cast a look at the pot on the floor and the black ink that weeps from it.

Then she looks up from the pot, and her slightly alarmed gaze meets Rain's passive one, because he's just sitting there, completely calm and unbothered. Rain patiently waits for her to say something, in fact, he dares her to with a subtle glare, and she lifts her arms in mock surrender.