🄲🄷🄰🄿🅃🄴🅁 1

╰┈➤ My Beginning ✎ ✧.*

My life started with Felix. Well, not literally. I mean that when I first met Felix, Lee Felix, my whole life changed. It seemed as if the time before him wasn't life at all. Ever since I met him, things just got better and I was happier.

Now for how my life actually began.

I was born in Busan, South Korea. I don't remember much as I was literally a baby, but we only lived in Korea for a year or less. My mother started to get homesick or something - I can't really remember the reasoning - so my family moved to Sydney. Yes, Australia, a completely different country and land mass. I know some of you may be thinking it must have been difficult but once again, let me stress: I was a baby. I don't remember anything except a short memory of myself lying on the floor, staring up at my father who smiled down at me. Our dog at the time, Kuku, sniffed me and Pops shooed her away. The end.

And as for my glorious Australian transition...

Moving to Sydney was a huge relief for my mom. All of her family lived there and now that she was back in her homeland, she was content and happy with her husband and new child, yours truly. My early childhood was weird. I was learning to speak two different languages at the same time - Korean from my dad, and English from my mom. It was a really odd time. On top of that, I was a really slow learner so school wasn't working out for me well.

I remember being in first grade and flunking every single test and assignment possible. My teachers and parents thought I wasn't trying because, you know, kids just always want to play and no work. My little six-year-old brain was so confused as to why I couldn't understand what the teacher taught and why I couldn't do well on tests. I thought it was my fault. I thought I wasn't "trying hard enough" like everyone was saying. Eventually, we figured out my problem and I have ADD. So basically, I look like I'm focused (I do try) but I'm actually not. Because of that, it went unnoticed for so long. We did try to find ways to help me and after a while, things started to get a little better for the time being.

In third grade, my family moved to a different suburb in Sydney to be closer to my parents' work. That meant I switched schools - which was weird. There were all of these new and unfamiliar kids that I had never seen before and their stares were daunting. To put a bit more perspective on the situation, I was introverted. Big time. I was way too shy to go up to one of them and make a new friend. I wasn't that type of kid at all.

During my first week, a few of the other kids came up to me out of curiosity. They wanted to know my name and where I was from. Sydney, just like everybody else. So I merely answered their questions and they were on their way. I remember though that there was another Asian student in my class that always stared at me. It was almost as if he wanted to come up and say "hi" but he never did. I left it as it was.

That next Monday my life turned upside down. I was sitting in class during what our teacher liked to call "quiet time" and her classroom phone rang. Of course, all of the students watched her answer the phone and eavesdropped to guess who it might be. Nosy little kids we were.

But I remember that she had gone silent after answering and her head turned in my direction. She stared at me for a moment before saying, "Okay, I'll send her down."

That meant I was going to the office.

She hung up the phone and took a step toward me, "Eun Joo, would you please go to the office? They would like to see you. They also said to pack your things, you're going home early today."

A chorus of groans came from the other classmates and I suddenly felt lucky. I got to go home before everyone else. I wanted to wonder what made me so special but at that moment I didn't quite mind. I packed my things quickly and left my class, practically skipping my way down the hallway.

When I reached the office my mom was there. All the staff that was present stood around her in a comforting manner. Only then did I realize she was crying. Maybe I had no reason to be cheery after all. That was when they explained the situation.

My father was dead.

They told me that he had been in an accident that morning on his way to work. Somebody T-boned him on the driver's side and he didn't make it. They said the other driver wasn't paying attention and ran a red light.

No matter how much anyone tried to comfort me that day, nothing made me feel better. I had just lost my father, my dad. My pops. There was nothing that could possibly fill the hole that had been made in my heart. Nothing. And nothing ever did.

The school let me have a few days off for the services and I was to return on Thursday. I remember the funeral. It wasn't like in the movies, with the rain you know. It was a perfectly sunny day and I hated it. I hated that there wasn't a cloud in the sky because my whole world had just become a raging storm. It was too nice a day for a funeral.

When I returned to school on Thursday, I knew the teacher must've told my class. There were flowers on my desk and a bunch of letters, each one from a different classmate. They were all nice, expressing deep sympathy from the bottom of their hearts. It just made me cry. I just sat there at my desk and cried. Some of the girls near me jumped from their seats and patted my back, giving me tissues. But the other Asian student came in front of my desk, finally approaching me. He reached his hand out and slowly and gently, started patting my head. It reminded me of what they did in the Korean dramas I had watched with my dad.

But the boy finally spoke, "I'm sorry."

╭──╯ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
╰┈➤ Note from the Writer
Hey. This story is going to be a bit different from my other stories so far. While I'm writing this story for the creative aspect, I'm also using this as an outlet for my stress and emotions. I don't normally do this for my stories so bear with me. Recently my life has felt tossed around and so I'd like to use this story to vent, but also to write something that you'll enjoy all the while.

I'd also like to add that this is a work of fiction. There will be real events mentioned throughout, but this is a work of fiction. This is how I am choosing to portray Stray Kids and any others noted. Thank you for reading, I hope to see you return. :)