🄲🄷🄰🄿🅃🄴🅁 10

╰┈➤ Caramel Macchiato ⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

After walking along the streets and visiting a few small shops, I decided to take a break and sit in the park. It was a beautiful day and the weather was nice. I stopped and bought myself a coffee before taking a stroll through a park near the JYP training center. I figured it would be best to stick close so Felix wouldn't have to go too far away when we went on a date later.

Birds sang, zipping through the air, as several families — fresh out of church from the looks of it — picnicked. It reminded me of the family trips we'd take to Korea before my father died. We'd go to the Sunday service and then take a walk in the park. There would be ice cream and my mom would point out different flowers and try to teach me their names. At a young age, I wasn't able to pronounce them very clearly.

The memories made me think of my mom. She worked all of the time to take care of and provide for me, as she always had since my father died. I couldn't think of a time that she truly rested and took a break — even to take me to visit my grandparents in Korea. I had always traveled by myself on a plane. I wish that the two of us could go on a trip, just me and mom, so she could relax and have fun. Maybe this summer she could take a week, or a few days off at the very least, and she could come to Korea with me.

I was too busy thinking when a jogger nearly collided with me and an approaching group of girls. I dodged out of the way, and instead collided with one of the girls who also carried a drink. It was a disaster.

We both stood, staring agape at each other's clothes and too stunned to speak. Our drinks had soaked the front of our outfits — hers now stained brown and mine now pink. At that moment, I didn't care much about my clothes as I did hers. I sent a quick prayer that she wouldn't be too angry as it had been a complete and honest accident.

Unbeknownst to me, this interaction would be more than just an accident or any coincidence.

"Oh no, look at you both..." one of the girls covered her mouth, "Ryujin, are you okay?"

I bowed, "I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to be so clumsy!"

Ryujin — as she was called — waved her hands, "No, I'm sorry too. It's both of our faults. Is this caramel macchiato?" Pausing, I gave her an odd look. "Baby baby, you're a caramel macchiato. Your scent is still sweet on my lips. Baby baby, tonight~"

The other girls burst out laughing, and one playfully slapped her on the arm, "This isn't the time to be singing. What are we going to do about the stains?"

"Should we go to the laundromat then?" Ryujin suggested, "I'll buy us both some sweatpants and a shirt to change into. I wasn't looking where I was going so I should pay."

"No, no! It was my fault," I disagreed, "I should pay for it."

"Fine then," she considered, "One of us can pay for the laundromat and the other can pay for the clothes to change into."

"Sounds fair," I stated, "Although I packed an extra set of clothes so we needn't worry about new clothes for me."

"Oh, are you not from here?" another girl — one that seemed closer to Ryujin — asked.

I shook my head, "I live in Australia, but I'm here visiting my boyfriend and my grandparents this weekend."

"Wow, so you're a foreigner?" Ryujin's eyes widened.

I scratched the back of my neck, "Well, kind of but not really. It's a long story."

After properly introducing ourselves and sharing our names — theirs being Ryujin, Yeji, and Chaeryeong. I quickly bought Ryujin some clothes to change into which we both did in a public bathroom. From there, we went to the laundromat and Ryujin paid for a quick wash. During the time we waited, I explained why I no longer live in Korea and all of the things in between.

"Living abroad is such a cool thing," Ryujin murmured, "I want to debut and go on tours all over the world."

"Debut?" I perked up, "You're a trainee?"

They all nodded in unison.

"Yeah, we're training with 'Girls 2 Team' at JYP," Yeji answered, "It's not far from here actually."

"That's such a coincidence," I stifled laughter, "I have friends who are trainees at JYP too!"

"Who? Who?" they all edged closer in their seats, interested and excited.

"Yang Jeongin and Lee Felix," I said, "Felix is from Australia."

"Ah, Boy's Project Team! We know who they are," Ryujin grinned, "Unfortunately, we have to rival each other in a showcase soon."

"A showcase?" I tilted my head, "Do you mean that you might debut soon?"

"Yep, so we have to do a really great job to impress Park Jinyoung," she added.

"I wish you luck then," I smiled.