🄲🄷🄰🄿🅃🄴🅁 5

╰┈➤  My Goodbye  𓆩♡𓆪 *ೃ༄

The day finally came — Felix was leaving. My mom and I had come over and helped the past week. For me, it was difficult. I suppressed any negative emotions that I had and played the proud and supportive girlfriend role. Not that I disliked it, but it was very hard for me to lie that I wasn't bothered. I didn't know it at the time, but I would get better at it.

Mom was driving me to the airport to meet him and his family. There I would say my goodbyes and bid them farewell. We hadn't made any arrangements but promised that we'd meet again soon. Chances were, I'd have to go to Korea to see him. Once he started training, he probably wouldn't have much time for a trip to Sydney.

"How are you feeling?" my mom glanced over at me. I was sitting in the front passenger seat, staring ahead.

"I don't know," I sighed shakily, "I really don't know."

She nodded and remained silent for the rest of the drive there. Once we arrived, we parked the car and hurried inside. Felix and his family were waiting for us in an open area with their luggage. He caught sight of me and let go of his suitcase, striding over and giving me a hug.

"Are you sure you're okay with all of this?" he whispered into my ear. His hand rubbed my back while the other rested on the back of my neck.

I nodded, "Of course, I'm really okay. Don't worry about me."

My voice cracked. Crap.

Pulling away briefly, I wiped my tears away and forced a smile for him. I sucked in a deep breath and exhaled slowly.

"Felix, I'll be okay. I promise," I convinced him. "I'm just going to miss you so much."

He frowned, bringing a hand to my cheek and gazing down at me, "Should I not have auditioned? I can't just leave you."

"Babe, listen to me," I rested my hands on the sides of his neck, "I'm not upset. I want you to go and be happy, even if that means I can't be with you for a time."

"Okay," he swallowed hard.

"Just do me a favor and smile, this is your dream so enjoy it," I grinned, and to my relief, he grinned back. Pulling me in for another hug, I felt more at ease than I did in the car. I didn't know how we were going to pull off having a long-distance relationship while he was training to be an idol, but I was going to find out if we could.

I could try and go during the holidays and maybe my mom would even allow some weekends. The summer was a given since I already went to see my grandparents. I had to figure something out. I had to know that I could see Felix. I just had to or else I thought I might go crazy.

Felix's dad tapped him on the shoulder with a sympathetic look, "We need to go, Bud. I'm sorry."

Felix nodded and sniffled, revealing his own hardship with the situation. I reached out, wiping a few of his tears away with my thumb.

"It'll be okay, just have fun and text me when you get there," I tried to be comforting, but I was having a difficult time as well.

 That was when I started to break.

I wrapped my arms around his neck one more time, snuggling into his neck. I felt my throat tighten and my eyes stung. I felt like a piece of me was being ripped out. As if my heart itself was being stolen from me. It was painful.

"I love you, I love you," I repeated.

"I know, I love you too, Eun Joo," he squeezed my waist tightly before letting go of me, "I have to go now."

 "Please be safe," I bit my lip, watching as he grabbed his suitcase handle to follow his parents, "Promise me you will."

He nodded, "I promise you, Eun Joo."

Turning away, he caught up with his parents. The three of them waved before completely leaving my sight. But after I lost sight of him, I suddenly lost a piece of myself. My knees buckled and my shoulders went limp.

This was only the beginning of our journey.