🄲🄷🄰🄿🅃🄴🅁 9

╰┈➤ Miracle ˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚

The taxi slowed to a stop near the restaurant and I climbed out, thanking the driver. Once he drove off, I spotted the place we were meeting and began to walk over. I saw him sitting alone in a booth through the window and grinned, waving. He saw me and waved back excitedly. How long had it been? A year? I wasn't sure, but it felt like forever.

I entered and was greeted by an employee. Returning the greeting, I tossed my bag into the booth and held my arms out wide for a hug.

"Jeongin! How have you been?" I asked happily, wrapping my arms around the boy's waist. "I feel like it's been forever!"

"I know!" he exclaimed, stepping away to get a good look at me, "You look like you've been doing well."

Chuckling, I took the seat across from him, "Enough about me. How are things with you? What's it like to be a trainee?"

"It's difficult and a lot of work, but I'm doing really well," he beamed, revealing his braces. He hadn't had them last time but I knew he'd be getting them soon.

"Your braces are cute," I commented.

His face tinted pink and he gave me a bashful look, "I think they make me look awkward sometimes."

I shook my head, "No, they're a nice charm."

"Thanks. Also, I hope you don't mind..." he began, "But I brought one of the other trainees with me. We're supposed to debut together in the future. I wanted you to meet all of them but the others were busy."

I waved it off, "Of course it's fine. I'd love to meet him. Where is he?"

"Ah, he stepped over to the bathroom. He'll be back in just a minute."

We continued chatting and catching up as we waited for the other trainee to come back. Once his friend did return, I was shocked, to say the least. He stood at our table and we stared at each other in stunned silence.

"Felix?" I uttered, looking at Jeongin.

"You know him?" Jeognin looked surprised.

Felix swiftly leaned over and pulled me to my feet, wrapping his arms around me tightly. I could feel him shaking and heard a sniffle as he nuzzled into the crook of my neck. I placed a hand on his back and patted his head.

"I missed you too, love," I said comfortingly. "This is a weird coincidence though."

Jeongin slowly realized what had happened and let out a delighted gasp, "Oh — this is — you both are dating! So this is the girlfriend and this was your boyfriend." Felix and I sat down, smiling as the younger male sorted things out.

I felt as though I was in a dream. This had to be some kind of miracle — my two favorite boys training and working together to accomplish their dreams. I had hoped that they would both make good friends eventually but I hadn't even thought of the possibility of the two of them debuting together.

"So you're debuting soon?" I asked them after we had ordered lunch.

Jeongin gave me a combination of a shrug and nod, "Hopefully. Our company is hosting a showcase soon and I heard that there will be some sort of reality show about us. We're all hoping that it goes well and we can debut."

Felix agreed, "Chan-hyung, our leader, has been training and waiting to debut for years. We don't want to let him down. He's chosen us as his members so we'll work hard."

"Oh? I thought the company put the groups together?" I raised a brow.

"They usually do, but this time JYP is allowing a self-trained experimental boy group," Felix answered. "It makes me a little nervous, but both Jeongin and I trust Chan."

Jeongin smiled, his cheeks bulging from a mouthful. After swallowing, he said, "Chan-hyung is a little intimidating. He's very talented and serious about debuting. Some of us aren't as well trained as he is."

"I know you'll both do great," I brushed it off. "I'm sure he's a good person to learn from."

I had a really fun time that afternoon and I looked forward to having dinner with Felix later that day. A large part of me wanted to stay in Korea so I could see them more often but I also knew that my mom needed me back home, even if I didn't get to see her as much as we liked.

After a while, it came time to depart. I gave them both hugs and Felix a peck on the cheek. Jeongin gave us a silly grin. For the next few hours, I went and touristed. I just couldn't stop thinking about what a coincidence it was. And I've believed since then that it was some kind of miracle.