Chapter Seventeen

Your love is fascinating, addicting like some kind of drugs.

But I am sorry I can't look at you the way you look at me.

I am too scared to fall in love again.

You can say I am a coward, a stupid, but I am really scared of this word love.

If everything was in my hands then I would have reset everything and start afresh with you.

Only If.

~ Adaa Qureshi.

Third Person's Pov,

Now? How? I'm not ready. She panicked.

Yes, I sounded confident and brave but still I need some time to prepare myself to face my arrogant rude boss.

She thought.

Her thoughts were interrupted by the sound of a file being thrown on the table.

"Here, take this file. Type it, edit it and then submit it to me by tonight." He said and eye her to take the file.

She took it and open the file and her eyes widen in surprise.

450 pages!

"This is too much!" She whispers.

"Are you complaining, Ms. Qureshi?" He say leaning back to his chair and she fidgets.

"No, this is too less for me. I can type more than this." She said and let out a nervous laugh.

He chuckles.

"Really? Even I thought so. Do one thing along this file take this file too. It's has only 520 pages." He said passing another file toward her.

See two can play!

"Huh?" She took the file and look at the both the files in her hands.

Only 520 pages!

"Why you can't tape your mouth, you brainless girl?" She scold herself and make a cry baby face.

"Do you need some tissue papers, Ms. Qureshi?" He asked twitching his lips into a smirk and she knows that he's messing around with her.

"No," She says.

"Is it still less?" He asked with a smirk.

Again smirk!

"I think it's enough for me." She says again with a fake smile and clenched her fists.

"Good then. Farhad will show you your desk and mind you send me these two files by tonight, got it!" He says and she nod her head frantically.

"Yes, sir."

"Ok then get me a coffee first and then get to work."

"Okay sir."

"Wait,"

"Anything else sir?" Turning around she asks extra sweetly trying to keep her anger at bay and he chuckled.

"Call mom and tell her to send my things to my apartment near the office." He says looking at his phone screen and she get confused.

"Why?" She asks furrowed her eyebrows.

He lift his eyes from his phone screen for a moment and then again shift his eyes back to the screen.

"Do you think I'm answerable to your question?" He ask curtly and she shut her mouth.