Chapter Twenty Three

Target for next update 170 votes and 80 comments.

You seek advice when you are lost.

*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*

Third Person's Pov,

Worried. Anxious. Fearful.

That's what everyone was feeling. They all were waiting outside the operation room waiting for the surgery to get over without any complications.

''How did all this happen?'' Jahan asked Farhad.

''His car break was failed. But it is really strange because a week ago sir had sent his car for the service. I have already informed the police and they have started their investigation.'' He said.

They were interrupted when one of the doctor came out from the surgery room and talked to Jahan about Zain's conditions.

''Doctor, how is he now? He will be okay, right?'' Jahan asked sounded worried.

The doctor heaved a sigh, ''Mr. Hussain, his operation was successful and he's lucky that no vital organs were damaged.''

As the doctor said all of them took a sigh of relief and they thanks their Almighty for listening to their prayers and granting their prayers.

''But his vitals signs aren't stable since he has lost so many bloods. We will probably give him another blood transfusion. We tried our best and the rest is up to God now. Don't lose hope and pray that he gets better. We are keeping him under observations for the next 24 hours.'' The doctor statement only increased their fear and made them worried more.

Zeeniya broke down more. Her condition turned more miserable and vulnerable. Jahan turned toward her and pulled her in his arms.

''Our son is very strong. He will be alright.'' Jahan said. He himself was not in a good position. His heart was also crying for his son but he knew he have to stay strong for her.

''He.. he.. will be alright. He have to be okay.'' Adaa murmured to herself with hot tears rolling down her cheeks.

She feels a wave of weakness inside her. A sobs erupt her throat and everybody attention went to her who was in the verge of losing her conscious.

''Adaa!'' Zeeniya and Jahan both hold her at the right time and made her seat in one of the bench.

''Mama, Zain.. '' She whispers, a sob escaping through her lips. She placed her head on Zeeniya's shoulder as she sobs. All the time she tried to stay strong, control her tears but now she couldn't.

First that unknown phone call who threatened her to snatch her from Zain and now Zain's condition.

If she puts the dots together then his accident might be planned. Someone tried to kill him and that thought itself was terrifying.

She is terrified and scared. Neither she can share it to anyone nor she can suppressed her emotions anymore. She was feeling helpless. She was having an ominous feelings. If his accident by any chance related to that unknown man then she won't be able to forgive herself if anything happens to him.

All this will be her faults and she won't be able to face him or anyone.

All the nights passed, but he didn't regain his conscious. Jahan and Zeeniya wasn't ready to leave from here neither they wanted Adaa to stay here alone. Adaa requested them to go to home and take some rest and she will be fine here. Zeeniya's condition was not good. She was adamant to not to leave but somehow Adaa convinced her.

She stayed there for him and prayed for him whole night. He was shifted to ICU and in every one hours doctors would come and observed his conditions. She was not allowed to go inside so she keep seated in the bench. She don't know when sleep overpowers her and she feel asleep.

***

Next morning,

''Doctor, why he is not coming to his conscious?'' She asked the doctor worriedly.

''Mrs. Hussain, I know it's difficult for you but we can't say anything before 24 hours. Even I'm also hoping for his coming back.'' The doctor said and she had tears in her eyes.

''Doctor, can I go inside?'' She asked and the doctor was about to decline her but she pleaded him to let her see him once.

Seeing her condition, the doctor feel pity on her and reluctantly agreed.

She peeked through the transparent glass circle to see him lying on the bed with a oxygen mask attached to his mouth and was surrounded with machines and wires attached to his body. She broke into tears looking at his unconscious frame. There were bruises around his neck and hands. His head was bandaged and she could see the small dots of blood in the white bandage.

She mustered up all her courage and entered inside the room with shivering legs. She went near him and sat on the tool beside his bed and carefully she hold his hand in fear what if she hurt him.

''Zain, what happened to you?'' She whispered and questioned him looking at his pale face. She caressed his hand ever so gently. She was afraid to even touch him in this condition.

''Wake up, please. Talk to me. You don't look good like this.'' She told him with her trembling voice and trying her best not to break down.

She didn't know why was she feeling so pain in her heart on seeing him like this.

''You can scold me how much you want. I swear, I won't stop you. I'll not behave rude with you, I promise. I'll not even tell you to leave me alone. But please wake up.'' Her voice was getting shaky and her breath become labored.

Why do bad things only to good people? What they did to deserve this? This pain and tears.

She started to blame herself for his condition. All night she thought about this. The moment she cut that man's call, she received his accident news. And this can not be a coincidence. Definitely that man's hands is involved in this.

''Zain, I'm scared. I.. I'm feeling so much scared of him.'' She whispered lowly but deep down in her heart she was more scared for him.

''Please wake up. Are you listening to me? I know you are listening me.. you just want to trouble me, right? Please don't do this. Please wake up at least for mama and papa. They are crying for you.'' She croaked out and the dam of her tears broken and she sobs silently.

''It hurts me to see you like this.''

''It hurts so much to see everyone in pain because of me.''

''It hurts. It hurts so bad.'' Seeing him in this painful condition like this only made her guilty.

She could feel her eyes being closed and she placed her head in his hand and fell asleep.

***

A/N : Assalamualikum readers (⁠✿⁠^⁠‿⁠^⁠)

Feedback please?

Okay, so this might be the last update before the Ramadan. And also I wanted to give you all an important announcement today but I decided to give the news to you later may be some other day.

Meanwhile please check out my new story 'Falling and Breaking' and also follow me on instagram.

Congratulations!! 'FOREVER YOURS' have crossed 65K views 🎉🎊

Keep showering your love to my all stories. Please vote and comment.

See you all in the next update. Till then stay safe and keep smiling.

Allah Hafiz.