Attitude Problems

Angelina Pov

"Madame, are you okay?" Jake, my bodyguard asks. I don't know if I would be shaken by the fact I almost got robbed or the fact the little thirteen-year-old had touched a sensitive side of me.

"Yeah, I'm, I'm fine. Can you drive to the Head Quarters? I need some updates." I didn't want to be at Madame Gracielle's anymore. My thoughts have now circled the image of that little girl.

What am I even thinking, she can't be her. She can't be, my Therese. My long lost daughter, my little three-year-old, her brown eyes, brunette hair, she can't be.

I pitied her for her dreadful faith, but what if, she was indeed my daughter? What if, the father she referred to as, Was Martin Chavez?

That hug was something more I could give, she might be a little sassy but my heart melts for her.

Exactly a decade ago, on May 24, 2007. I remembered it, remembered how I blamed myself 10 years ago.

I was 9 months pregnant with my second biological daughter, Shiloh. My daughter was abducted from my barriers without my knowledge.

9:18 pm, I checked the nursery and watch my daughter expecting to see my baby girl fast asleep in her tiny crib.

I was wrong, she was gone.

We looked all over the house thinking she might be somewhere playing her little tricks, after all, she could already walk. No, she was gone. We hired a search party for her thinking we might find her but no, I've lost her.

After years and years of looking I finally gave up, she was gone. I remember blaming myself, how I wished I should've let her sleep with me that night but what more could I do? She was gone, I've lost her.

The hysterical crying I managed to let out wasn't also the best answer to our problems. When my mother died, the investigation stopped.

A year ago, an arbitrary light rekindled within me, she might be alive, but most of all, I wanted to know what happened to her. I gave hope a second chance and hired the best people for the investigation.

My Therese, my little Sienna Therese. So long gone, but even through my darkest days, she had never left my thoughts, her cheeky smiles, her tiny giggles, her adorable demeanor, everything about her.

Jake drove me to the HQ, today was only supposed to be a regular day, a day to treat myself. My day started gracefully, although such things happen inevitably.

--------------------------------------------------------------

"Hot momma, where have you been?" A cheerful Anne Hathaway greeted me right when I entered the mansion, yes, a mansion. We've settled our headquarters at Jack, my manager's place that could sustain the needs of our team anytime, whether it was equipment or a place to crash.

The headquarters was swarmed with my team. My bodyguards, my main investigators, Sam, Jeffrey, Harold, and Jake. Jake, is also my main bodyguard for the reason why he's always with me. Jack, my manager, Macy, my assistant, and lastly, Anne, my best friend.

She doesn't hold any title but the HQ serves as her hang-out place. Anne always claimed she was only there for 'emotional support' but I'm not thoroughly convinced of her said title.

"Is anything wrong? What's with the frown on your face? Do you know how bad wrinkles are?" She continues, following me to the meeting area.

"Any updates? Anything new? About... Therese?" I was slightly hesitant of asking her. I knew she wanted me to stress less about the girl, but as a mother, I could never, even if it has already been a decade.