Unanticipated

Therese pov

"Excuse me." That was all I could say as my breathing starts to get clogged. My heart races even more as I take large gulps of air. "You okay?" Angie whispers to me as I hurry my way out of the room.

She doesn't follow but I assure her a smile right before I was out of sight. Walking calmly to the main kitchen, I needed a glass of water.

"Found your dads?" I glance at the counter and once again, Anne was sitting in the same seat she was always in.

"Yeah, the room's pretty chaotic. Air's a little too tight in there." I say taking a seat next to her, she chuckles softly. "Do you feel like you might know which one is the one?"

"No, Well, hopefully not..." I groan angrily, just the thought of Brad makes me want to storm off.

"Well yeah, me too. Don't really like him, actually not all of them." She answers warily glancing at the clock. "Even Colin?"

"Left your mother for no reason."

"Billy?"

"He's also not the typical husband for Angie, only lasted three years."

"Well, I know why not Brad but Colin's nice."

"People have different versions in different people's eyes."

"God, you really hate all of them?" I laugh amusingly as I see the annoyed Anne.

"Yes, in fact, I'm excited for all of them to leave." She smiles although it immediately falters.

One of the helpers walks towards us, slowly meeting my eyes. "Madame says you need to come back to the meeting room, they're not done yet."

Casually stomping my way back to the meeting room, I handed Angie a glass of water I brought on the way back. She gladly accepts as they were already seated, they motion me to take the empty one close to my mother.

"As I've said she's still gonna be kept from the public eye, we are not changing that. Any public announcement about Therese is prohibited, tests will be taken this afternoon and we'll figure out the rest later." The way Angelina turns into this bossy, strict, lawyer woman again, I bet I like this side of her more.

"Once that result says I'm the father, I'm taking her home," Brad smirked causing me to glare at him.

"You're not taking my goddamn daughter away." Angelina rages, the two guys try to look in another direction as the tension builds up.

"I'm not coming anyway don't be delusional." I suddenly speak out of nowhere making me clap a hand to my mouth.

The attention was driven away from me right when we hear a chuckle, I tilt my head to see Colin trying to contain his laughter, I even thought Billy smiled too.

"Nothing is funny Farrell." Brad snaps although I share a smile with him as the discussion continues.

They talked about lots of things, Martin Chavez, his demeanor, his outbreak, and mostly my past.

Being sat right beside Angelina and only listening, I refused to do any more talking afraid that I might be responsible for any more unnecessary and out-of-this-world answers.