~1~

~•~

I sat in my room, parchment scattered across the desk. The smell of old books and firewood filling my nose. I was content in my own little world. Not a care, not one. Just me and my poems was all I needed to be happy. I just wish to stay in this moment and write until my soul had filled the page. What a beautiful feeling. Silence except for the divine sound of crackling lumber. The soft feeling of coarse paper under my hands. Sparkling black ink that glistened in the firelight.

I want to stay like this forever.

My door opened to reveal my dashing next door neighbor, Laurie. His black curls framed his face which made him look like a statue of a Greek god. He truly was beautiful, not that I'd ever admit it. He smiled, walking over to sit on my desk. He looked over the scattered parchment and picked one up. His gorgeous eyes followed the words line for line. Anxiety came over me. What If he didn't like it? What if it were another poem I had written about him, and I had forgotten to hide it?!. All those worries washed away once another smile graced his lips. He looked into my eyes after he had finished reading.

"It's beautiful" he said.

"You think so?" I took the paper from his hand, looking it over.

"Yes. They always are" his eyes pierced my soul, causing a blush spread across my face. "Why aren't you ready?" he asked.

I looked at him, confused. Ready for what? I hadn't known anything. Only then did I take a good look at what he was wearing, and then it clicked... The Party. I covered my face in embarrassment. I hoped that somehow by covering my face I would disappear from this plain of existence. How could I have been so stupid?! "You forgot, didn't you?" he laughed.

"Yes..." I mumbled into my palms.

Laurie rolled his eyes and walked over to my vanity table, he picked up my hairbrush. He pushed my shoulders back so I was comfortable. Slowly he combed the brush through my hair. It was so relaxing, I could have fallen asleep. I dropped my hands as I fought back a smile. The brush pulled at the knots in my hair, but Laurie was always soft and gentle.

Once he was finished; he picked a lavender gown from the trunk at the foot of my bed. It wasn't too big, good enough for dancing, but nothing too fancy. He carefully folded it over his arm and placed it on my bed. He walked out the door once more, before he fully closed it he peered back in. "I'll wait until you're dressed" He smiled.

I pulled the gown over my undergarments and sighed when I realized I had buttons. I couldn't do it by myself no matter how hard I tried. I reached out, my hands behind my back. But it stung to do so. I only had one other option. "Laurie?" I called. He hummed in response. "Could you help me with this?"

He entered the room once more, his eyes landed on me. He stopped in his tracks, he seemed surprised? He walked over, standing behind me. He pulled my H/C hair over my shoulder. One by one, he buttoned up the lace. I felt his warm breath on the back of my neck. It sent shivers down my spine. When he was finished he placed his hands on my waist and led me in front of the mirror. He placed his chin on my shoulder, looking at us in the reflection. I was shocked to say the least. I looked...?

"You look beautiful" He said, as if he had read my thoughts. My face heated up even more. As if I couldn't swoon any harder, he placed a soft kiss on my cheek. My face was redder than a rose. His lips were very soft. Then I truly processed what had happened. I must be dreaming, if it were a dream I pray, I wouldn't wake up.

~♡~

Lips soft, your porcelain skin
My heart yearns
You to let me in
If I were to love you more
It be for nothing
For loving you is like a sin

~♡~