~4~

~•~

Christmas had come sooner than expected. Snow covered the Laurence mansion, and condensation fogged up my window. I lie in bed, not ready to get up just yet. Footsteps sounded across the wooden floors. I just tucked myself in more. I don't care what day it is, I am not a morning person. Suddenly bright sunlight came in contact with my eyelids. I squinted them open to determine who had just chosen death. A figure stood in front of my window, slowly it became more and more clear who it was. Laurie.

"Time to get up" He cooed.

"No thank you. Wake me once it's new years" I pulled the blanket over my head.

My blankets were pulled away and I was left shivering. Tucking myself into a ball and attempting to pull my nightgown over my bare legs. I glared at Laurie, a triumphant smile on his lips. I swear to father Christmas, I love this boy but he gets on my nerves sometimes. 'It's a good thing I don't sleep in the nude'. I wasn't going to give up so easily, so I turned and lay on my back. Just staring at him, I had no intention of moving. The pettiness inside me became apparent.

A smirk overcame those stupid lips of his and I knew he had something up his sleeve. My gaze followed his movements as he peered over at my desk. Oh, no. My poems, I couldn't let him see it!. I sprinted faster than I had ever done in my life. Snatching the parchment from his hand and hugging it to my chest.

"See?, that got you up. Now come on let's go" he held out his hand.

"Can I at least get dressed first?" I asked bitterly. Still groggy with sleep.

~♡~

Laurie and I made our way down stairs. He seemed very giddy, he kept looking at me with a boyish grin on his lips. Christmas had always made him act like a child. Mr. Laurence was sitting at the dining table, as was Mr. John Brooke, Laurie and I's tutor. "Merry Christmas" I said, wanting to leave as fast as I could. I attempted to turn away and go back to bed. Laurie knew this and caught me with his arm, leading me to the table. We walked to the opposite side of Mr. Brooke, Mr. Laurence to my right. Laurie gestured for me to sit and pushed in my chair. Him sitting down next to me.

I ate silently, watching the candlelight flicker with every slight shutter of a breeze. Laurie seemed to be preoccupied, staring out the window. A small smile on his lips. I turned to see what he was so fascinated about. Across the way, the March's trotted through the snow, baskets in hand. I wondered where they'd be off too on Christmas morning?. Mr. Laurence noticed us gazing out the window.

"Thank you, Mr. Laurence, for including me," Mr. Brooke said.

"You're welcome," Mr. Laurence replied. John looked towards us, noticing our lack of attention. "Perhaps you could tutor my grandson and miss L/N in manners, as well as mathematics, huh?"

This caught my attention, I sat up straighter and smiled at John. Laurie continued to look out the window watching their every step. I cleared my throat causing him to turn back to me. I subtly nodded my head in his grandfather's direction. Causing him to regain his composure. Mr. Brooke looked awkward and turned his gaze towards his food. "So. What's so important outside?" Mr. Laurence asked.