|CHAPTER EIGHT|

*DAVE'S POV*
It's been three days since Tiana and I last spoken.

We're going to have to talk and act like everything is okay for the next two weeks.

Uncle Snoop invited me to their family vacation to the Dominican Republic. We're all staying in the beach house he was able to rent out.

This is quite dope, since I'm actually half Dominican myself. I get to get deeper into my roots.

How am I possibly going to be cool with Tiana on a normal basis, knowing what we did?

How am I supposed to break this down to Nipsey?

"You finally made it, nephew! I thought chu was Finna be late for the flight."

Snoop exclaimed as I walked up to everybody in the airport.

Tiana must've seen me from the corner of her eye, because she quickly turned her attention on Briana and Toosii.

She was also holding Kross and Emani's hands.

"Yeah, my bad, Unc. I slept kinda late."

"You good, nephew. Let's get going, everybody! Dominican Republic, here we come!"

Snoop started to lead us all to where our plane was. I walked up to Nipsey and Lauren.

"Bro, I really can't believe your pops was able to rent out an actual beach house in DR! Shit is crazy."

"I know, right. He said he's been planning this family vacation for months on end."

As all of us continued to walk to our plane, I looked at Tiana's back and noticed there were bruises.

The first thing that came to my mind was Keenon.

I swear, if I find out he laid any typa hand on her, this nigga is DONE.

"You worried bout her back, huh? I see you looking and shit."

Gary mumbled as he started walking next to me. I looked at him seriously.

"It was that nigga Keenon, right?"

"Kinda. They got into this heated argument, he got mad, dragged and threw her out of his car, and made her bang her back against a mailbox. I'm surprised pops ain't start asking questions yet."

The blood in me started to completely BOIL.

A nigga always knows!

Both Nipsey and I KNEW this nigga was never gonna change!

Once we all got on the plane, I scooted my way up to where Tiana was sitting, quickly taking the free seat next to her.

Kross was sitting near the window, Tiana was sitting in the middle.

"What are you doing, Dave? I was saving this seat for Emani. I barely get to see my niece, so it would be great if I can spend as much time with her as I can."

"Forget Emani for a second. You wasn't gonna hit me up and tell me about what Keenon did to your back?!"

"Shhh! Shit is awkward for us right now, Dave! Why would I hit you up about anything?!"