+ Run Back Home +

BEXLEY ALESIO BRYMER , ANN ARBOR - MICHIGAN

WAVERLY CLIFFORD , ANN ARBOR - MICHIGAN

MICHIGAN STATE UNIVERSITY , 2014-2015

~~ it's nice to know we had it all ~~

BEXLEY BRYMER

After trying to get my mom to leave campus and finishing about 3 packs of tissues , i got to look at this room which was called a dorm. 4 girls in a room? Come on. This made me wish that I could afford to move out into a studio by myself but that was out of the question.

It was a devastating trip from Rhode Island , i'm not going to lie. It was an hour and a half of my mum doing a little revisal of my childhood and teenage years.

Including the time where my date didnt show up to prom because he couldnt afford gas money at the time or the time when my mum reported me missing but I actually was studying for 26 hours at a SAT cram session(please dont ask)

I even thought about renting out a house with my mum but she insisted that I lived by myself now that i'm 19. I didn't know if she was right or wrong but I knew one thing ; I was going to miss her like hell.

It had always been her and I. I have no clue what I'm going to do without her in the "real world".

200 dollars a month was all that came out of my moms pockets for you know , dorm fees. She always tried her best and I was beyond blessed to have her. Well um , my dad is in prison for killing his brother so no hope from him. I have no idea how that went done but I do remember him being a really good father.

Seeing your father get handcuffed and taken away from your bedroom door when you're 6 isn't a pretty site.

He apparently did it because his brother , my uncle Jackson , owed him a big amount of money. It makes me sad that my dad went crazy enough to murder someone for money. We were doing perfectly fine.

So after that happened , my mum didn't ever give me permission to visit my dad in prison. My mother has this horrible habit of cutting off connection with anyone who did wrong. I get her point but he was my dad. She did the same thing with my sister when she decided to become a stripper which makes me even more upset.

My mum even legally changed her surname so she wasn't linked to my dad anymore. She went from Daisy Brymer back to Daisy Alesio. Believe it or not , she even asked me if I wanted to change my surname to her maiden surname aswell. She , being her usual stubborn self , added her maiden surname to my name. So yes , i have 2 surnames

2 other of the girls had already arrived at the dorm and so far , I wasn't liking the atmosphere of their behaviors. They were trying to ignore the fact that my mom was a usual small town woman who loved her daughter WAY too much. I got so many weird looks from the both of them. It's not like I minded but seriously it was like none of the girl's parents' had come to say farewell.

Coming from Rhode Island to Michigan to study university seemed impossible and very expensive (which it was) but it did happen. I worked my ass off for this place. All im going to say is ; SAT cram session.

2 girls were sprawled on the beds by the door and were trying to get comfortable. One was putting a comforter on her quilt and the other was reading but didn't look a bit interested in the book.

The other 2 beds were empty which was next to a window. It kind of reminded me of Rapunzel's window and the window looked straight across to a red brick apartment.