Best I Could Do

WAVERLY LLOYD

~~ many days fell away with nothing to show ~~

The first morning of the semester had not been so well. It ended up with Amber crying because Sabrina had ripped up her Hollister sweater because apparently Amber was "in the shower too long". She was in there for 15. freaking. minutes.

*then*

"Amber!" Sabrina said slamming her fist on the bathroom's door as Bexley and I looked a her judgingly. She paced around the room in her pink robe and fluffy slippers while slamming her hand on the door every once and a while.

I mean , me and Bexley obviously also had to get ready for classes too but we weren't in a rush like the princess. And lucky for Bexley she showered last night before sleeping. I was staring at the floor , a usual thing I do when i get up while Bexley was picking out her outfit.

'Okay! That's it! I am soooo done with dealing with your bullshit!' Sabrina said before walking over to her and Amber's closet and pulling out a random white sweater with a Hollister bird or whatever on it and walking towards the middle of the room.

And before our very eyes , she pulled the thin sweater into 2 pieces by the middle causing a very loud "shriiiipp" sound. My mouth was left hanging open as Bexley stood there in in her bra not believing what happened.

Not a sound had come from Amber except the water had been turned off. She got out of the bathroom a few seconds later and looking at the torn sweater on the floor.

'You better pay for that I swear to God I will shred your fake Prada bag into pieces.' I said after Amber couldn't say anything but only look at the sweater on the floor.

'It was umm... $40.' She said really quietly , standing there in a towel and her hair also wrapped up in a towel. Sabrina rolled her eyes and grabbed two 20 dollar bills from her purse and slamming it onto Amber's nightstand

*now*

And as if that wasn't enough last night also ended tremendously because Sabrina barged into the dorm yelling like an idiot waking all of us up when all of us had morning classes. Such a bitch.

I finally got out of that hell hole while Sabrina was in the shower and walked towards the humongous green field. I knew I wanted to go to university here after seeing pictures of it online. My brother always boasted about it but I really didn't take him seriously. And I still couldn't believe we went from being in the same high school to being in the same college. He was studying physical education while I took a risky road taking a major in Economics.

I found a good shady place I layed down , taking my macbook out of my backpack. I had about another hour until class. I dont even know what type of monster I looked like since I didn't even prepare properly for this day. I wanted to get out of that dorm so quickly I literally threw on some jeans and yesterdays black tank top.

I felt a shadow walk behind me as i watched Amy Peohler's magical tv show trying my best not to fall asleep.I felt a bit tense as I constantly felt a presence before me

"Hello?" i said as i turned towards the back of the tree trying to look for someone or something

I felt the laptop being lifted off my lap and I was just about to pounce onto who was stealing my laptop as i saw it was just Bexley. That was such a weird thing to do , I swear to God...

'Parks and Rec?' Omg so cool!.' Bexley said failing to be socialable. It was so obvious that she was not cool. Not even a little bit. She sat next to me on the grass , trying to carefully not flash anyone as she was wearing a skirt.

'Yo whats up Bex.' I said ruffling my hair , my eyes feeling puffy as hell (like always)

'So i just came from that weird fair going on there , and i saw this really cute guy and he said that he knew you.' She munched on an apple , her skirt slightly blowing in the summer breeze.

'What's his name?' I said trying to shield my eyes from the hideous sun. I hated being outside. Not because "Oh I don't like people" or shit like that. I literally prefer the indoors more than the outdoors. Always have and always will.

'I think his name was Micheal or something.' She sat next to me and I felt myself getting annoyed with Michael. He was literally advertising to people that we were siblings. He must of saw Waverly from the dorm and felt the need to tell her that he's my brother.

Oh okay now this geek was being close to me and I didn't know how to react. I really dont want to be mean but it takes time for me to warm up to people. I really wasn't comfortable at how Bexley was acting towards me.

'Yeah that dork's my brother.' I looked at her sideways , closing my laptop screen and slowly getting all my belongings together. I had a rather long walk to class since it was in a building all the way on the other side of campus.

'It would totallyyyy break the girl code if i dated your brotherrr.' She said in a really weird , bitchy tone. I literally had no idea what she was doing but she was pulling a Sabrina on me and I hated it. I wanted to claw my ears. My mouth slightly hanged open as she shut up , letting my stares soak in.

'Can you please stop talking like Regina George. Look , Bexley.. You look decent. Stop trying so hard.' I patted her on the back as she pulled out some sour patch kids from her rucksack and smiling slightly. Didn't know a few simple words could place a smile on someone.

'Sorry , but who is Regina George? Was she a bitch at your school?' Those words just stabbed me in the heart. I couldn't believe she didn't know who Regina George was.

'Oh my heavenly god. She was a bitch but at my school. She was a bitch in everyones world. Simply , a movie character.' I said as i threw some gummy worms from Bexley into my mouth.

'She seems... sweet.' Bexley said trying to understand pop culture. but failing miserably

'We have a lot of catching up to do.' I said as an intense need for me to take care of her came to me.

'I'm sorry if i'm bothering you. You just semm like the only person I can be friends in our dorm.' She said as she made it so obvious that she didn't have much self-esteem.

Now , I had to take this girl under my wings.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Name : Waverly Lloyd

Ethnicity : Welsh (her accent has faded out since a few generations in her family lived in America for a long period of time)

Fav Food : fish and chips

~~~~

Long live Regina George

~Sila