A Little Death

BEXLEY BRYMER

~~ it makes me sad knowing i wont cross your mind ~~

'Um yeah so that's all about it... I'm just wandering about the university. Pretty big , this place... Had 4 morning classes and that's it for Monday's. I'll send you a text on how much you need to send me for my textbooks. Uh , american education is so expensive. Love you so much. Muah.' I kissed into the phone as I left a voicemail for my mum.

It hurt so much to ask my mum to scoff up $7.000 from somewhere for just books.

'HEY!' I heard a cracked voice say as I turned my back.

'Do I know you?' I said as my eyes immediatly went to his tattoos which was enough for most girls to get excited when they saw him.

'Uh , we met in  the cafe? I'm one of Sabrina's friends?' He said , squinting from the sun.

'Okay. Bye then.' I said trying to walk away as he quickly grabbed my forearm , making me turn around. I really didnt want anything to do with Sabrina or any of her silly friends.

'Look , I just thought you were really interesting and thought you know I should say hi... incase you're feeling lonely.' He said as my heart stopped racing and I put the thought of running away from him to a side.

'Oh that's nice of you. What's your major? Are we going to be seeing eachother at all?' I said as I instantly tied my hair into a ponytail as the sun was burning the hell out of my neck.

'I'm an english major.' He mumbled as I sat on one of the concrete benches , him also sitting down.

'Dont be ashamed , i'm sure you worked really hard to get in here.' I said as he rolled his eyes.

'Not really ahaha... What's your major?' He said as his eyes quickly glanced at my ankles then back at me. At the moment I felt like this conversation was going nowhere. His personality was so bland.

'Oh me? I'm studying medicine.' I said as I cringed getting reminded how many years I was going to spend here. 4 years to graduate here and another 2 to master. But of course , mastering is optional.

'No shit. You're the real brainiac then!' He said getting overly excited as I chuckled.

'You know... I just gave up my entire social life on my senior year but whatever.' I said as he also laughed.

'Oh sorry , I'm Cal-Jace by the way.' He said as I extended my hand towards him.

'Bexley.' I said as I stood up , smoothing down my black dress.

'By the way im in the fourth wing of the campus. So , if you wanna hang out or something...' He said as he ruffled his feet into the green grass.  I never examined his facial features. Extremely strong jawline and cheekbones. Some what tan skin and close to black hair. His eyes were shining in the sun's light as I noticed they were brown. He barely had any facial hair and honestly I liked it that way.

'That's nice. I'll come over this afternoon? Maybe we can go to a party?' I was so eager to not spend my night in my dorm because it was full of ignorant people. All though Waverly was a nice person , I wanted to pick out my friends. Not be stuck with them.

'Oh yeah that's nice. Michael Clifford always has this amazing begining of the year frat parties so maybe we could check that out?' He said as I desperately nodded my head. I hadn't gone to a party in 2 years.

Well the first party i went to was a sleepover party and I wouldnt even call it a party.

'Can I bring any friends?' I asked , mentally face-palming. A cool person would bring friends anyways , not ask.

'Um actually no. I'm only allowed to bring one person with me cause you know , too much drinking can get out of hand and so on... Sorry but it looks like you're stuck with me tonight.' He goofly smiled as I nodded my head.

Waverly saw us as she skipped towards us , her adidas shorts moving to her every movement. All eyes were on her as she quirkly skipped along the courtyard.

'Hey sup Bex and Liam.' She said as I looked towards "Jace." as he cringed.

'Okay so Bexley , my familys from Scotland and you know , they like to put 3 names so my name is Calum Liam Jace Hood. But I dislike Calum. Please dont use that name.' He rambled on as I tried to process all of it. I never heard of Scottish people putting 3 names but oh well.

'Why didn't you introduce yourself as Liam to Bexley then?' Waverly said as Jace nervously giggled , shuffling in his place.

'Variety you know. I get bored of one name.' He continued laughing like a little school girl as Waverly shrugged.

'Okay. Whatever. Anyways my brother is having this party that sucks ass tonight so I don't recommend you go.' Waverly said as she snacked on her apple , leaving Jace and I alone again.

'See you in 2 hours.' He wrote his number on my hand as he walked away , ripped jeans stuck to his skin.

Typical frat parties usually include Zac Efron so I was kind of hyped.