How They Meet - Sixth Year

Sixth Year

Today is the day of the final match with Slytherin vs Gryffindor on the Quidditch pitch. The stadium full of students and professors watches the intense competition to shout and holler for each of their own houses. The blue sky serenely watch over beneath, without warning, torn apart, followed by the thunderous sound of clap— startled people were beneath it and looked at the sky thinking it was a storm. They then screamed horribly when they saw the worldly purple-reddish rift crack the untouchable sky. The person emerged from the rift.

As they plummeted 12 kilometers down at high speed. The long blonde hair whipped around, the long baby blue gown swirled around the legs. The person travels upside down the head first—they didn't flail nor scream—as if they make peace with death.

Many wizards and witches including the Quidditch teammates froze and watch the person about to die. One man didn't freeze, instantly flying upward toward a person on Firebolt. Accelerated speed as he went. His arms outreach and caught the person causing him to wobble. He still secured holding them safe.

The emerald eyes meet the enlarged jeweled blue eyes.

"Who...are..you..?" A melodic voice resonates into his ruddy ears. The jeweled eyes rolled up behind the eyelids, and she fainted.

Albus Dumbledore waved through the rowdy students crowded the Quidditch pitch until he arrived at the scene of the beautiful petite angel lying in Harry Potter's arms who flew down onto the ground.

Dumbledore immediately ordered Severus to bring her to the hospital wing. Without question, he quickly obeyed. He scooped up the limp girl in his arms and strode out of the pitch behind the billowing cloak toward the Hogwarts building.

Dumbledore eyed the Boy Who Lived's appearance and suggested to them to go to take a bath. Harry just numbly nodded though he didn't seem to hear Dumbledore. He only gazed in the direction the beautiful angel just left.

Three Days Later...

The Golden Trio sitting around in the Common room, Ron and Hermione arguing over something unimportant as Harry stares into the blaze of the fireplace from his usual spot. Neville who is the only one noticed Harry's silence, and he went to take a seat beside Harry. He placed his hand on his friend's shoulder to get his attention, which was unsuccessful.

"Harry!"

Harry jolted and turned his head, to look at his friend Neville saw these glazing emerald eyes almost similar to the love-struck he once saw in his great uncle when he looks at his great aunt before she passed away.

"Oh, Merlin," Neville gaped in amazement. "You've already fallen for the Golden Angel!"

That's what everyone dubbed Athanasia as "Golden Angel" because she descended from the sky and leave a trail of golden hair swirling behind her back. So this is what outcome.

Harry flushed at this exclamation which capture everyone's attention in the Common room. The girls whispered frantically with others over Harry's newfound crush and the boys gazed coldly at him as if warn him if he dared step out of the line to be near their Golden Angel.

He then scowled at Neville who had the grace to look sheepish and mouthed sorry.

Hermione and Ron just stopped their senseless argument when they stared at him almost hurting that he didn't tell them for the last three days. Harry rolled his eyes in annoyance. "It is not like I had tried to tell you when you got fighting like an old married couple every day!" He snapped.

This sudden revelation has flustered his two best friends.

Everyone who heard started to snigger.

All of a sudden, the portrait opened has caught everyone's attention—they saw the Golden Angel coming close behind the strict Professor Minvera from the hole. She wore the Gryffindor cloak which suits her very well. Her wavy golden hair pulls up into a ponytail with a red ribbon. Most distinguished are the jeweled-like blue eyes framed by the long eyelashes.

'Wow! She is gorgeous!' That's what everyone thought except Harry who looks wholly rigid when he laid eyes on her.

"Everybody," Announced Professor Minerva. "This student Athanasia De Alger Obelia will join you as a sixth-year Gryffindor. So, treat her like you treat everyone as a family." With that, she left not without glowering at her cubs a warning. The portrait shuts behind the professor.

Hermione and Ron who are prefects immediately stood and walked to Athanasia with a smile across their faces.

"Hello, Athanasia. We are your prefects. I am Hermione Granger and this is..."

"Ronald Weasley at your service."

"We want to tour you around this great Hogwarts castle. Unfortunately, it is late at night. As our curfew will begin in 30 minutes. We will do it tomorrow since it's Saturday today. Now, you will share a dormitory with Parvati, Lavender, and me on the right side. Come on, we'll go upstairs so you'll know where is your bed. Boys are not allowed..." Hermione lectured as she lead Athanasia upstairs.

Harry gazed at the staircase where the angel just disappeared.

Next Monday...

The drowsy Harry comes down with Ron yawning loudly as they landed on the bottom. They stopped and saw Hermione chattering to Athanasia who is smiling kindly, standing beside the portrait. Hermione saw her best friends and waved her hand before speaking to Athanasia briefly before they walked toward the boys.

"Athanasia, this one is my best friend I just told you about." Introduced Hermione grabbed Harry's arm to drag him to stand in front of Athanasia. "This is Harry Potter. He is the one who saved you."

She then looks at the tall young man, and notices he is attractive. Most noticeable are the vivid emerald eyes beneath the ebony wild hair and the lightning bolt scar on the forehead barely concealed from visible.

She greeted him with a bright smile, "Hello, Potter."

Harry stuttered, "H-Hello."

"Thank you for saving me. Can we be a friend?"

Harry stammered 'yes' in astonishment. Deep inside, he was delighted at the offering of friendship from Golden Angel.

This time...

Athanasia de Alger Obelia is not Cho or Ginny. He wanted to know her more.

To be continued...