Chapter Twelve

We get to Disney World and I am instantly amazed at the park that we go to. We plan to start off at Magic Kingdom, then go to the other ones throughout the day. At the end of the night, we'll go back to Magic Kingdom for the firework show they put on at the castle. Everyone here has seen it before except for me, so I'm excited to see what the hype is about. Plus, I'm guilty of watching YouTube videos of it. I am too excited to see Tinkerbell fly past the castle. I am like a little kid living out my wildest dreams right now.

"So, what ride do you guys wanna do first?" Katie asks. "We got fast passes, so we don't have to wait."

"I really like Space Mountain." Casey exclaims. "That's the best ride here."

"Yeah, but the line always takes forever, even if you have fast passes. It's popular." Luca states. 

"So what." Casey shrugs her shoulders. "We can ride that one first. When we come back to Magic Kingdom, we can ride it again."

"What's so fun about it?" I curiously ask.

"It's a Buzz Light Year themed roller coaster, but it's technically inside." Zack explains. "It's also super dark so you can't see anything really, besides the few lights that they have on the wall."

"I like the Big Thunder Mountain ride, so we should do that one next." Katie says.

My mind is going a mile a minute. I am excited to try each and every ride Disney World has to offer. Sometimes I feel like I didn't get to experience things that other children did when they were younger. I am almost embarrassed by the fact that I am so excited. So, I am going to try to simmer down a bit. I don't want them to judge me.

"Okay, well your mother and I are gonna go walk around and enjoy ourselves. You have the credit card and passes for you guys." Mr. Santon says to Katie. "Just text me around 1 and we can all meet up for lunch somewhere around here."

"Sounds cool to me." Katie gives her dad a hug. "Thanks Dad, Thanks Mom."

"You're welcome, honey." Mrs. Santon states. "You guys behave yourself and text us if you need anything at all. I'm gonna go buy some Mickey Mouse ears."

We all laugh at her comment, except for Luca, and watch them walk off towards the crowd. Then, we all make our way to Space Mountain. They were not wrong about it being one of the best rides. The line is literally wrapped around the place. I'm just happy it is inside and that it is air conditioned. We wait in line for the fast pass holders, and make small talk while we wait on our turns.

We only had to wait about fifteen minutes before we are all seated in a cart. The normal wait time is an hour and fifteen minutes, so I will definitely say that these fast passes come in handy. Zack and Katie are seated in the very first carts. The cart can seat 6 people, which is two in each row, before the next cart starts. Casey and I are seated behind Zack and Katie. Luca sits behind us, and he is by himself because no one else wanted to split up from their group and ride solo.

I am not particularly afraid of roller coasters, but they hyped this one up well. I am kind of nervous to see how this all plays out. We strap up, the employees check our carts, and then we are off to infinity and beyond.

-

We get off the ride and I have a rush of adrenaline that takes over my body. That was so thrilling yet so scary at the same time. After riding it, I definitely want to go ride it again.

"Oh my gosh, that was so fun." I squeal.

"Right!" Casey chuckles. "The darkness gets me every time. It's like you know you won't hit your head, but you still lower it just in case."

"I thought I was the only one who did that!" Katie exclaims. "That's so funny."

We continue to make small talk, while we walk to the next ride that we are getting on. Katie and Zack lead the pack, while Casey walks with her head in her phone. I make a mental note to take pictures to send to my mom, and grab my phone out of my back pocket. I snap a few pictures of things I see at the park.

"I can take pictures of you, if you want." Luca suggests. "That way you can actually get some of yourself to send to her, instead of just pictures of the park." 

It is highly generous of him to offer, I'll give him that. I just don't know what he is playing at here, and I don't want to engage in much of anything with him.

"Nah that's cool, but thanks." I shake my head.

"Zakiyah." He stares at me and tilts his head. 

"What?" I roll my eyes. "You keep sayin' my name like you know me."

"Well, I would like to." He says.

And maybe I should have just let him be.

-