Chapter Thirteen

After we have lunch, go to the Animal Kingdom and Epcot theme park, we go back to Magic Kingdom to see the final show. We try to get as close as possible to the castle, considering there are thousands of tourists here. There isn't any seating, everyone has to stand. We have a good twenty minutes before the actual show starts, we just did not want to be too far back.

Mr. and Mrs. Santon look like two little kids in love. They both have Disney merchandise on, including matching shirts and Mickey Mouse ears. They remind me of my parents when my dad was still alive. I had an example of a loving relationship growing up, which I am forever thankful for.

Katie may not have had a similar upbringing to mine, economic wise, but her parents did raise her with similar morals and values as mine. I believe that is why we get along so well. We are basically the same person in different fonts.

Zack has his arms wrapped around Katie from behind, resting his chin in the crook of her neck. Those two are such a sight to see. The way they embody and exemplify love at such a young age just shows how they have the maturity to make it work through college. I have no doubt in my mind now that they will get past these four years with a breeze. Katie and Zack both deserve that much.

"Guys, I'm gonna sit down." I chuckle, folding my legs and plopping myself down on the pavement.

I am not the only one to do this. Plenty of people are sitting on the ground until the show starts. I have absolutely no shame in my game. In my defense, I have been walking around all day in sandals. I should have known better than to wear sandals at a theme park. My feet are definitely paying for it.

"I have to go to the bathroom really quickly." Casey says.

"Why don't you all go together?" Mrs. Santon says. "We'll be here when you get back. I just don't want you guys going by yourself, it's dark out now."

I honestly don't have to go to the bathroom, and my feet really are tired from walking around all day. I opt to tell them that I am going to stay here and wait on them to come back. Katie, Casey, and Zack all end up going to the bathroom. It is no surprise that Luca stays behind with me. 

I watch him from the corner of my eyes as he plops down on the pavement and sits right beside me. He takes his backpack off his back and places it beside him. He unzips it and pulls out a button down shirt he had on earlier. He took it off due to the heat and decided to walk around in the white t-shirt that he had on beneath it.

"Sit up for a second." He states.

"Why?" I look at him sideways.

He places his shirt on the ground and spreads it out as far as it will go. "So you can sit on it. That way your dress won't be on the ground as much."

I almost couldn't believe the words that were coming out of his mouth. That is probably the nicest thing I have heard him say out of all my encounters with him. It almost makes him seem thoughtful. I scoot onto the shirt to sit upon it. I don't fail to notice how he scoots a little closer to my body, so that our legs touch. Even after walking around all day, he still smells really nice.

"Thank you." I say. I don't know what else to say.

"No problem." He flashes me a lopsided smile. "Mind if I take a picture?"

"Of what? Me and you?" I ask.

"Yeah." He nods his head. "I don't wanna forget this."

I just look at him long and hard. "Sure, Luca."

He pulls out his phone and holds it out at an arms length away from us. I don't smile in the picture, but I also don't look like I'm about to murder someone. Luca, on the other hand, shows his pearly whites. So, I tell him to take another one again. Only this time I smile in the picture.