Chapter 3

Dante enters the class and his breath hitches on seeing Snape again. Snape turns around and they make eye contact. Dante looks away and goes to a seat at the back of the class. He pulls out a quill and parchment paper and gets ready to take notes. After all, it is his favorite class even though he already knows what Snape's going to teach.

After all the students come in and take a seat, Snape starts the lesson. A whole fiasco happens; students mess up, and some actually do it correctly. Dante doesn't want to be in the spotlight, so he tones down his talent and gets an average grade.

The day passes by, and Dante's in his dorm room again. He gets ready for the night and is about to flop on his bed when the door bursts open. "Don't you dare fall asleep again!" Malfoy comes into view.

Dante ignores him and is about to flop on his bed again when Zabini grabs him by the collar and says, "Nope, we are going to talk."

"Will you let me go?" Dante tiredly says.

Zabini lets go of him and sets him on the floor. The three boys sit in a circle on the ground. Malfoy starts, "So, tell me, Moonnight, why did you receive your letter late?"

Dante shrugs, "Didn't Dumbledore say it was a mistake?"

Nott intercepts, "And I call that bull. Dumbles doesn't make mistakes, so either you're something special or Dumbles is getting old."

"How would I know? I just know that I received my letter late and that I'm here now. Why is it such a big deal?" Dante says numbly.

Malfoy sighs, "Because you're new. It's weird how Dumbledore made a mistake and you coming this time a year is suspicious."

"Well, Malfoy, I'll tell you I am nothing much. I don't know a lot of spells and I barely passed that potion we made earlier." Dante gets up and yawns, "I'm going to bed, goodnight." Dante gets in bed and his head hits the pillow, he's out cold.

Morning comes and the students are being called together for the Triwizard's name drawings. The Goblet of Fire pulls out Krum's name, along with Delacour's name and lastly Diggory's name. Surprisingly, the Goblet pulls out two other names, them being Harry Potter and Dante's name. Dumbledore calls Dante and Potter to go talk to him and tells them off for putting their name in the Goblet. He tells them how dangerous it is and that it's not a joke. Dante and Potter tell Dumbledore that they did no such thing.

Malfoy goes up to Dante, "What the hell! You can be killed!"

"I didn't put my name in, Malfoy. I'm too lazy to do this shit." Dante grumbles. "I doubt I can get through that aging barrier. I suspect someone else put my name in the Goblet."

Malfoy laughs, "That's true. You're too weak. Anyway, what are you going to do about this?"

"I have no idea. I guess, I'll just go with the flow. Dumbledore said there was nothing he could do about it, which I call bullshit." Dante sighs.

Malfoy thinks for a second, "Yea, it's weird. Well since we're roommates, we'll help you out on the tasks." While Malfoy is walking away, he says, "Oh! And don't get killed, Moonnight!"

An hour or two passes, and Dante is walking around the castle when he spots Potter looking lonely. He walks to him and pokes him on the shoulder, "What are you doing, Potter?"

Potter jumps and turns around facing Dante, "You?! Go away, I don't want to talk to a slimy snake!"

"I see, alright." Dante turns around to head to the Slytherin common rooms.

He's about to leave when he hears Potter call out to him, "Wait!"

Dante turns his head and asks, "What?"

"Do you-Do you want to work together? I'm assuming you were also put into a tight spot, and we'll probably need all the help we can get." Potter asks hesitantly.

Dante ponders and shrugs, "Sure why not."

Potter nods, "Ok, uh, thanks. What's your name again? I'm Harry Potter, but you can call me Harry since we're going to work together."

"It's Dante Moonnight, but call me Dante if you'd like. Well, I'm going to go now, see ya Harry." Dante walks away towards the dungeons.

The next day, Harry runs towards the group of Slytherins. Malfoy sees Harry first and scowls, "What do you want, Pottah?"

"I'm not here for you, Malfoy," Harry spats, "I need to speak to Dante. Where is he?"

Dante comes out from behind Malfoy, "What is it, Harry?"

"Oh, there you are! Well, I found out the first task and apparently, it's dragons." Harry smiles.

"I see. Thank you for telling me, Harry." Dante nods.

Harry beams, "Yea, no problem. See ya! I've gotta go tell Cedric." Harry leaves running towards where Diggory is at.

Dante can feel a dark aura behind him, so he turns around and sees Malfoy fuming. "What's wrong, Malfoy?"

"You-Your on a first name basis with bloody Potter! I demand you to call me Draco! Or I'll tell my father about this!" Malfoy yells.

Dante looks at Malfoy and then looks around. When he sees that no one is around and laughs. Draco and the other three are caught by surprise. "I like you! You're funny...Draco~ Since you insisted, you have to call me Dante."

"Wha-You can laugh!?!" Zabini gawks.

Dante calms down and goes back to his blank face, "Of course, but rarely. It only happens when I find something funny. And I only do it in front of friends. I'm guessing we're all on a first name basis now?"

"Yes." Theo agrees.

Dante slightly smiles, "Ok. Let's go then, shall we."

Draco, Blaise, Theo, and Dante head to the library to search up information about dragons.

After getting all the info they could, Dante makes a copy of the notes and hands them to Harry, who thanks him. 

(Thanks for reading! ~~ R.S.)