Denial

Darren x Ryan (Raren)

——

It was a good afternoon.

Not until that girl showed out of nowhere and decided to stay the night on their house.

As to ryan, it was not going good.

But for darren, he was kind of happy.

His girl best friend of 10 years finally decided to spend atleast a day with him.

Not gonna lie though, he lowkey wished to spend the whole day alone with ryan.

But here they were, all of his friends including char, sitting chaotically on the living room.

Ryan was quiet though. He was just scrolling on his phone.

Yes, he was listening to what they were saying, but he didn't had the energy to join the conversation.

Js : you okay dude?

Ryan jolted, looking at his left side to see a worried looking justin.

Ry : oh -- oh yeah ! yeah, i'm alright. why'd you ask? you good?

He asked back, now turning off his phone and turning his whole body to face his friend.

Js : i'm good. you just look so quiet. i mean you're really quiet now, like aren't you going to join us?

Ryan looked at him, kind of dumbfounded. He does know why he wasn't joining them. He just, didn't want to admit it.

He was denial.

Ry : 'm not in the mood to you know, talk and what.

Js : u sure you're just fine? you want to play a game with me?

Ry : i'm really fine, and yeah sure.

He smiled weakly.

They both stood up and was about to go upstairs when someone caught their attention.

Dn : where you going guys?

He questioned, looking at ryan specifically.

Js : we gon' play games upstairs. don't worry about us, you guys continue talking. i just wanted to play games with ry.

He replied, putting his arms around ryan's shoulder.

Dn : you guys don't want to talk with us?

Js : that's not what -- ryan's just not in the mood to communicate like, you know what i mean? right ry?

Ryan was just staring straight at darren's arms around char's shoulder. He was not happy.

Ry : yeah. sure.

He looked away, smiling a little at justin.

That move did make darren's mood go downhill.

Ryan was not smiling at him. He's not even looking at him! What did he do?

He wanted to fix what even was happening between them.

Dn : may i join y'all?

He asked ryan, now walking at them slowly.

Js : i'm not sure --

Ry : yes.

He answered immediately, mentally slapping his face for sounding so desperate.

He just wanted to spend his whole time with darren.