4

Kei wasn't getting any sleep since he was afraid that Tadashi might get out of bed again. It was already next morning and Kei didn't get to sleep for even a second. Unable to try to get to sleep much longer, Kei got out of bed and shook Tadashi as an act to wake him up.

"Yamaguchi, it's morning." Tadashi slowly opened his eyes, turning around to face Kei.

"Good morning, Tsukki!"

"Morning."

Tadashi is all cheery this morning, but after finding out what's actually happening, Kei knows he's just faking it.

They got ready (with a risk of Tadashi going home, meaning he can do whatever he wanted if he has enough time) and walked to school. Kei checked the bandages and he didn't see any tiny pink spots on it, so Kei sighed in relief.

"What is it, Tsukki?"

"Nothing."

"Don't worry, Tsukki. I'll try to not do it again."

"You don't have to force yourself right on the spot, it's normal not getting used to not do something on repeat everyday. Especially when it became a habit." Tadashi felt like he was on cloud 9. Kei being this nice to him wasn't often but everytime he was, Tadashi felt like he's loved.

---------------

They're in class, Kei glancing at Tadashi a few times. Tadashi raised his hand,

"Yes, Yamaguchi?"

"May I go to the bathroom?"

"Yes, you may."

Tadashi nodded and stood up, getting out the classroom to make his way to the bathroom. Not even 10 seconds later, Kei raised his hand forcefully. He looked down, shade on his face.

"What is it, Tsukishima?"

"May I also go to the bathroom?" the teacher looked confused,

"Alright...you may."

Kei got out of the classroom, walking at a normal pace until he was in the hallways. Kei rushed to the bathroom. Once he was at the bathroom door, he opened it and surely enough, he saw Tadashi in front of the sink. Kei decided to let him be until Kei saw a blade pulled out of Tadashi's pocket.

"Yamaguchi." Kei finally walked in the bathroom to stop Tadashi from doing what he wanted to at the moment.

"Tsukki! Uh- w- what are you doing here? Ahaha.."

Kei furrowed his brows, sighing.

"Yamaguchi, you can't do this. I don't want to see you hurt."

"You're only like this because you found out. If I wasn't here then you wouldn't have someone as annoying as me following you around all the time. Everybody thinks I'm annoying."

"I don't."

"You're only saying that because you pity me. You wouldn't have cared if I didn't call you that night." Kei immediately felt a pit in his stomach, Tadashi's words really just crushed him.

"Yamaguchi, please don't harm yourself. I'm worried."

"Why do you even care? I'm just someone who-"

"Because you're my friend, Yamaguchi! You have helped me go through things, you've sticked by my side all the time. It's my turn. If it wasn't for you, I would've been alone without anyone on my side! I would've been a loser who's a loner and a 'nerd' if you never came to the volleyball gym that day!"

They were silent after that.

"I'm sorry, Tsukki."

"Please give me the blade, Yamaguchi." Tadashi slowly moved his left arm forward and handed Kei his blade.

"Do you need to use the bathroom?"

"No."

"Let's go back to class." Kei turned around and started walking.

'I'm sorry, Yamaguchi. This is for your own good.'