Chapter 6

Slipping out of bed far too early in the morning, Dream doesn't see George again until after his practice. They don't talk about it. The blond lingers in the locker room long after his team has left him, taking a little extra time in the shower that he never really bothers with. The last thing he expects when he steps out of the hot water, wrapping a towel around his waist, is to have George standing over by his locker. He raises his eyebrows, the man's head perking up as the squeak of the shower handle turning echoes throughout the room.

"Dream!" George exclaims, his eyes shamelessly raking down the blond's dripping torso. The man smiles softly, running a hand through his wet hair as he approaches him, keeping one hand tight on the towel around his waist. Yes, George has seen it before, but an accidental towel drop isn't really what he's looking for today. "Uh, I caught Sapnap on the way out he said you were still in here. I don't think I've ever seen this place so empty."

"Uh, yeah," his eyes scan over the empty room as he speaks, nodding softly, "Lots on my mind, just kinda wanted to be alone for a while. What's up?"

George's eyes seem to linger anywhere but his face, but Dream isn't complaining about the extra attention. He reaches an inked arm past George's face to open up his locker, noticing how the man doesn't shy away from the proximity. He's waiting for him to say something, but the silence hangs heavy as the brit seems to struggle to collect his words. Their faces are close together and Dream's brain almost wants to lean in and close the gap, but he holds back. Instead of escalating things the way he so desperately wants, he simply grabs his clothes out.

"Uh, I just wanted to make sure about uh, yesterday. You won't like, tell anyone, right?" George asks, his voice faltering as Dream begins to dress. Dream stutters in his movement; he'd almost forgotten. He wasn't courting George, there wasn't anything going on despite whispered confessions. This was a business relationship at best. Most importantly, it was a secret.

"Yeah, yeah, I don't really brag about trying to sleep with people and having them break down anyway, so," Dream bites, and it tastes bitter on his tongue. He doesn't mean to be so aggressive, but he needs to remind himself. His tone softens after he remembers who he's speaking to, pulling a shirt over his chest much to the visible disappointment of George. Now that is what reminds him how this really should be. He presses George against the lockers, reminding him as well. "Besides, no matter what happens, this is all fun, right? Just to try it out, huh?"

George nods, his eyes darting down to Dream's lips as his breathing hitches, "Yeah, fun."

"Your secret crisis is safe with me, princess," Dream whispers in the brunet's ear, "Just let me know if you wanna stop this. I understand if you do."

" No," the response is instant and it's halfway to a whine which makes Dream smile. Maybe it's not smart, but a line needs to be drawn. This is nothing and it needs to stay that way. However, that doesn't mean they can't still do what they came here to do. It's much better without the emotions getting in the way, that much he knows.

"George." It's careful; a warning.

"Dream." A taunt.

It's taking everything in Dream not to tear George apart right here. Sure, he's concerned for the man's well-being and his sanity, but he is but a man and with George looking at him like that it's hard to say no. He needs to be responsible here.

He pulls back, pulling his hand away from the lockers and creating space between the two of them. "I can't take advantage of you like this, I'm not gonna be the guy that helps you figure your shit out and have you end up regretting it."

"How many times do I have to tell you it's not like that?" George argues, his expression becoming one of disbelief as he crosses his arms. He takes a step forward almost as if to square up against Dream's disposition. His head falls short beneath Dream's chin, jutting his jaw forward as if he were challenging him.