Chapter 25

ANDREAS WALKED TOWARDS the carriage where Saul was being held, swinging open the door and getting inside

"You look like shit Saul," he said, looking at his friend.

Saul looked tired, his hair matted and his beard grown out and scruffy. Prison had clearly taken its toll on him.

"I've been in prison for 10 months, what's your excuse," Saul said sarcastcially, "Even after everything you're still just Rosalinds errand boy,"

Andreas scoffed, "We chose our leader, so did Anya. Pumpkin chose the one that didn't have her ridden in chains," he said.

Andreas smirked. He knew that Anya was his soft spot and Andreas knew things Saul didn't know. He knew about little baby Sasha

"She wouldn't support Rosalinds ideals, she's not like that," he stated. He knew she was just trying to rile him up but he didn't care.

"Yeah, well there's some things that mean that she has to, or someone," Andreas said, holding the higher ground over his friend.

"What are you talking about Andreas? You promised to keep her safe!" He called out just as the door slammed on him.

Saul sighed, thinking about Anya. He wondered if she was happy yet or if she would be able to move on.

He knew he'd never see her again, never be able to hold her hand or kiss her. To have the family that he wanted with her in their small cottage.

She was the only thing that kept him going the past ten months, the idea that they would be able to be together once more.

But he knew that now that he was in exile, there was a low chance he'd ever see her again, that their lives would be like it was before.

☆☆☆

ANDY STOOD IN HER ROOM, packing some stuff when she heard a soft cry from the other room.

She picked up Sasha, holding the little girl in her arms. She was light, probably due to her slightly premature birth and Anya wished she could hold her forever.

What she wished more was that Saul could be here. He'd always wanted a child of his own even though they'd both raised Sky together and he couldn't be more grateful for that time.

She was hoping one day they'd be to live together as a happy family. To have dinner around the small table again with Sky and occasionally Farah or Ben and his kids.

At that time, Ben knocked on the door and she called for him to come in. She had Sashas stuff all ready and a note hidden in a secret spot that only Ben would know about - just in case she didn't make it back. 

"Ben, thank you for looking after her, me and Sky are gonna sit together, we just need some time to process the news," she explained.

She hated lying to her friend but she knew that he would do anything to protect his kids and she didn't know if he'd be willing to give her up.