Chapter 27

WHEN THEY ARRIVED AT THE house, Bloom looked around in wonder at the sprawling landscapes

The main quarters were huge but in all honesty, the group lived in a small cottage by the field that had just enough room for all of them.

"I'm glad you're coming home Sky," Anya said, holding Sasha to her chest.

"This is where you grew up, you make this hour commute every day," Bloom asked, looking around at the spanning fields.

"No I dont, before me and Saul worked at the school we lived here all year round. Then we got the job and we stayed at Alfea during term time. That's still where me and Sasha live though," she explained.

Bloom looked around in wonder, "I can't believe that little kid sky just spent his life frolicking in this wondrousness," Bloom said, a smile on her face as she looked at the fields.

"Oh yeah, he did lots of frolicking," Anya said, smiling at Sky.

"You're a liar," he stated, a smile on his face.

"I raised you in this house Sky, I know what you did in your spare time," she said, looking around at the fields.

She remembered teaching him to ride or horse, or Saul showing him how to fight or birthday picnics in the field. Sometimes she wished she could go right back.

"Not all of it," Sky joked.

Anya shook her head, a smile on her face, "Go frolic, both of you," she said.

"Come with me, for old times sake, plus im sure Sasha will love it," he suggested, holding a hand our.

Bloom, who had already run off in excitement, "Sky! There's horses here, wild horses," she yelled out.

The two walked down, Anya holding Sasha still as they walked towards the group of horses.

"Yeah, little baby Sky used to ride on em," Anya explained and Bloom grinned, she seemed to be the happiest she'd been since Rosalind took over.

"You two go, we'll meet you back in the house," Anya said, a smile on her face.

Sky nodded and as she walked away, she heard him brag, "They're our horses,"

☆☆☆

AN HOUR LATER, AFTER ANYA  took a sad, nostalgic look around the house, picking up some stuff she wanted to take home and placing it in a backpack, Bloom walked in alone.

"Hey, I'm guessing Sky didn't want to come in," Anya said, a sad smile on her face.

"Yeah, but I'm sure he'll be fine with it all once he's back, he loves Sasha like a sister, he's part of the family,"

"So this is where Sky grew up," Bloom said, looking around.

She looked at a picture wall, eyes flickering over countless images, Sky's birthday parties, Saul holding a five year old boy in his arms, Anya holding him as a baby, him on his first day of school.