Ch.9

Noah wished at times he didn't have to deal with the crap he's been through,but then that would mean he wouldn't have some of the good things he has now.No matter how bad the situation,some good comes from it.The human smiled,some good definitely would come from this.There were bad things.Like being dragged out of the bed but hey,what's life with a few bumps in the road.Now that he thought about it,who dragged him out of the bed?

"GOT ALL YOUR CRAP WORKED OUT YET?" an familiar entity inquired.

Noah sighed,"I don't even know what you're talking about Ev-Habit."

Habit made face,knowing exactly what Noah was about to call him.

"YOU DO KNOW HE'S LONG GONE OR HAS YOU FORGOTTEN THAT TOO?" he asked,his cheery tone wavering a bit.

Noah cringed.He did not want to be reminded of that.He thought for a moment for a way to change the topic.Gritting his teeth because he really didn't want to know Noah forced himself to ask.

"So how's the Rake been?" he asked through gritted teeth.

"DON'T KNOW,DON'T CARE," Habit laughed.

"Figures....." Noah whispered inaudibly.

"WHAT I WANNA KNOW IS WHAT YOU'VE DONE TO OBSERVER," Habit declared leaning his head against his hand.

Noah raised a brow.What he did to the Observer?That should be vice versa.Habit was clearly waiting for an answer because he gestured with his free hand in the 'Go on,I'm listening' gesture.

"What do you mean?" Noah wondered.

"YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHAT I MEAN," Habit replied.

Noah shook his head and Habit made a face.

"YOU'RE SERIOUS?OH NO WONDER THE MANNEQUIN IS PUSHING OBSERVER YOUR WAY," Habit mused,"WELL SOMEONE HAS TO BE YOUR THERAPIST."

"And you really think you're the best candidate for this?"

"OF COURSE. WHY WOULDN'T I?"

"......I'm keeping my mouth shut...."

"WELL BE THAT WAY THEN.SO WHAT I MEAN IS OBSERVER IS SO.....NOT OBSERVER."

"Well aren't you a great therapist....."

Noah rolled his eyes and turned away from Habit.He went back into his room,the entity following with a care free walk.Noah flopped onto the bed and Habit picked up the Rubix cube on the dresser.

"YOU KNOW DEEP DOWN HE CARES...." Habit said in a low tone.

"Who?Milo?" Noah's muffled voice chimed from the pillow.

"NOT WHO I'M TALKING ABOUT NOAH...."

Noah sat up and faced the entity,"Then tell me."

"SORRY NOAH,IT DOESN'T WORK LIKE THAT. EVEN IF IT DID I STILL WOULDN'T TELL YA."

"Oh come one!Give me a break!"

"OBSERVER IS DOING THAT ALREADY."

Noah was about to say something before he thought about it.The shadow had been out of character lately.What was going on in that mind of his?Was there something bothering him?More importantly why did Noah care?What was that saying?More than meets the eye?Noah scoffed,that was truer than he thought at times.

"YOU'RE THINKING ABOUT HIM,AREN'T YA?" Habit chortled.

Noah looked at Habit,dumbfounded. Habit smiled and laughed.

"RELAX,I WAS JUST PUSHING YOUR BUTTONS," he snickered.

Noah was silent as he laid on his bed and put his back to Habit.A mischievous smirk formed and Habit put the Rubix cube back on the dresser.

"SEE YA NOAH," Habit announced.

He paraded out of the room and disappeared.Noah waved his hand in the 'Yeah,yeah,' motion,never evening glancing over his shoulder.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"HI YA OBSERVER!" Habit greeted.

The shadow barely acknowledged the entity as he jumped over the couch and sat down beside him.He just kept on reading his book until Habit snatched it away.

"MightIaskwhatyouthinkyou'redoing?" Observer inquired,boredom evident in his tone.

"I JUST CAME TO ASK YOU SOMETHING," Habit answered.

"Askaway," Observer replied dully.

"HOW'D YOU FEEL ABOUT NOAH?"Habit questioned.

"What?!" Observer shreeched.

Habit smirked, bingo.Observer displayed signs of only one thing.Whether he liked it or not Observer undoubtedly had some feelings habored.If they were good or bad was still unclear though.

"Whywouldyousaythat?!Whywouldyouaskmethat?!" Observer frantically.

"YOUR REACTION IS ALL THE ANSWER I NEED," Habit replied,a smug look forming on his face.

Observer raised watched warily as the entity disappeared once again. He tried to calm his racing heart and kept whispering a phrase to himself. When his nerves calmed he thought about the question Habit asked.Why did he react the way he did?

Perhaps this is the time to actually ask another.The shadow peeked at the clock.Should he wait till the others were home?Then he remembered that they probably wouldn't tell him.He got up,time to go think.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He sat down on the edge of the bed quietly and glanced around.At least it didn't rain this time,or he would've alert Maxwell of his presence. Observer kicked off shoes and sat criss cross on the bed.What was bothering him today?Oh yeah the bad feeling.

Bad feelings never came to him often.When they did something catastrophic happened.It was like his early warning system, like whenever it came to a car accident.Cursor's odd behavior was still putting him on edge.What was that vile woman up to?Observer sighed and looked at the bed behind him.

Habit's inquiry was still floating loosely in the shadow's man's mind.There was surely some significance to the questioning.Observer shook his head and turned back around.Trying to discover what the entity was implying.He ended up sitting there for hours.

Maxwell slepted soundly,only muttering to himself occasionally, besides that it had been mostly uneventful. Not even Habit made his appearance,well not yet at least.Knowing the entity it wouldn't be long after someone said that to show up.

Speaking of muttering to oneself Maxwell started muttering again.The shadow smiled softly and leaned back.He hovered over Maxwell,debating on what to do.His train of thought,however,was cut short when Maxwell wrapped his arms around Observer.The shadow was yanked down and hugged tightly.

Immediately Observer began to silently panic.He tried to wiggle out of the arms that held him tightly but Maxwell would grumble each time he did so.Why do humans do this again?Didn't it have something to do with feeling secure while hugging/cuddling something or someone?He shook his head.Might as well let Maxwell have this one thing.He closed his eyes and relaxed a little.

Unknown to him was the smile plastered on Maxwell's face.

________________________

Hey guys/gals,I'm back!Just needed a little break.

Questions?