Chapter 2

When I get back into the cafeteria, I see my friends waiting anxiously for me to return. They cheer as I come over and ask me what I got. I proudly respond with Dauntless and the whole table bursts out with excitement. These are hopefully going to be the people I live with for the rest of my life.

After 15 minutes passed, the only person left to get tested is Madilyn, my best friend. All the Dauntless do the same routine they did for me. Cheer and pump their fists.
If Madilyn gets Dauntless then that would mean that all the Dauntless borns got Dauntless as there result, and I would get to live with my best friend. How great would that be?

When she gets back, she looks slightly unnerved and uncomfortable. She walks up to the table and when people ask her what she got, she says Dauntless.
I should be happy about that but since I've known her for practically all my life, I can tell when something's up. She's lying. She got a different result and I need to know what it was. I totally though she would get Dauntless! Madilyn loved zip lining with me, jumping on and off the trains with me, and hanging around the chasm joking around with all the Dauntless. She was so good at throwing knives too! She was the best out of all of us! How could she not get that as her result?!

After all the other Dauntless leave the room, I pull Madilyn aside to ask her about her result. I told her that I know she got something else and that I won't tell anyone.

"I got...um...Erudite." says Madilyn, so quiet I could barely hear her.
"HOW? YOU'RE NOTHING LIKE THEM!" I reply, completely shocked.
"Shhh, keep it down. And yeah I know, I think I was just thinking too hard about the test and wasn't really acting like I usually would. At least I hope that's why. I couldn't imagine ever being Erudite."
"Well, even if it was your result, you don't want to be Erudite so you don't have to be. Just choose Dauntless. Everyone thinks you got that as your result anyways." I say.
"What if I really am supposed to choose Erudite? What if the test was right? " Madilyn says nervously.
"The test doesn't matter if you don't want to be in that faction, Madilyn." I reply, nervous that she will choose Erudite tomorrow.
"Okay, I guess your right. I'll stop worrying about it and just celebrate with you guys."
We walk out of the cafeteria, while I'm sighing with relief. If Madilyn chose Erudite, I would have lost my best friend. I just hope she takes my advice.