Acrocanthosaurus

Aggression: moderate- extreme 

Size: 48-49.5 feet (length), 16.6-17.5 feet (height)

Weight: 6.7-7.7 tons 

Diet: carnivore 

Acrocanthosaurus is considered the second largest carnivorous theropod on the mainland. It is also the fastest, with it being able to reach speeds of 49 km/h. Reports of Giganotosaurus are commonly mistaken for those of Acrocanthosaurus, due to their similar size and appearance. While Acrocanthosaurus is lighter than most other mega-theropods, but it also has a powerful stomp that can knock people in a three-foot radius off their feet. 

Unlike most theropods, Acrocanthosaurus are incredible parents, and are seen raising their offspring until they reach adolescence. Acrocanthosaurus has no tracible origins to any company, leaving many to speculate that the Acrocanthosaurus cloned are from a third-party group. 

Signs of Acrocanthosaurus territory:

-Presence of a kill sight, commonly filled with skeletons of dead prey animals. 

- Lack of prey animals, primarily small and medium herbivores. 

Dos' and don'ts when encountering or in Acrocanthosaurus territory.

Do:

-Be aware of your surroundings 

-Listen closely for footfalls. 

-Use flares to distract it if attacked

-Avoid females with visible offspring

Don't:

-Attempt to intimidate it

-Approach young 

-Hide underneath it 

-Run, Acrocanthosaurus could run you down easily. Especially the younger ones. 

Warning:

An encounter with this dinosaur can be dangerous and potentially fatal. If the dinosaur becomes aggressive or too comfortable in it's habitat, it may be too late. The advice given here should only be used as a last resort. Avoiding contact with this species is your first and best defense. 

Sightings:

-South Oregon 

-Sierra Nevada forests, California 

Trivia:

-Acrocanthosaurus' name means "High spined lizard" in Greek. 

-Acrocanthosaurus is one of three species of Carcharodontosaurid brought back from extinction, the other two being Carcharodontosaurus and Giganotosaurus.