Chapter 1: meet baby Tanjiro

1900 On Mt.Kumotori
Muzan's POV

I was making my way through a random mountain looking for a human. I stopped for a second when I smelled blood. I decided to follow it since I might be able to eat. I don't think another demon is nearby.

I followed the smell until it led me to a small house. I made my way inside and saw a dead man . So there is one person, but let's make sure there isn't anyone alive. I made my way through the small house.

After a few minutes I entered a nursery. So the man must have been a father and that woman the mother, but where's the child? I started to hear crying coming from the crib. There it is. I made my way to the crib.

I looked in to see a little boy who looked to be at most one. Fair skin, burgundy hair, and a flame birthmark that looked like Kokushibou's and HIS. I was about to kill the child but stopped when he opened his eyes and he started. Giggling and reaching for me?

I picked him up and instead of crying like I thought he would, he giggled even more, started reaching for me, and kicking in happiness. He actually started to get upset because he couldn't reach me, so I rested him in my arms. Right when he was situated he grabbed onto my shirt, cuddled into me, and fell asleep.

I bent down and read the name on his crib. "So your name is Tanjiro. I think I'm gonna keep you" I said. I noticed I was smiling. "The uppermoons are gonna like you." I told him.

"Nakime!" I called out. I heard Nakime's biwa as we were transported to the infinity palace. "Nakime make a room fit for a baby and send me there." I told her. She simply nodded and played her biwa, sending Tanjiro and I to the newly decorated room. I laid him down in his crib.

After making sure he was asleep I left and went back to Nakime. "Nakime, bring all the moons here for a meeting." I ordered. She nodded and strummed her biwa. All thirteen moons appeared. They all looked around but once they saw me they bowed.

"As you all can see, this time none of the lowermoons have been killed. The reason for this meeting is that I have taken in a young human child. He is about one year old. No one is allowed to hurt him and if I find out anyone and I don't care who hurts him and or my other son, the punishment is death." I said with a cold and stern look that scared all of them except uppermoon one and lowermoon five.

"You may all leave but lowermoon five stay behind." I said. "Yes master." Lowermoon five said. The twelve other demons left, leaving me , lowermoon five, and Nakime. I walked over to the lowermoon as he stood up. I kneeled in front of the ten year looking demon.

"Yes Oto-san?" Lowermoon five asked, smiling. "You wanna come meet your otouto?" I asked, giving him a smile. "Yep!" Lowermoon five exclaimed, with a big smile. "Ok Rui." I said, picking Rui up. "Nakime send us to the new room." I said. Nakime nodded and strummed her biwa.

Rui and I were transported to Tanjiro's room. I put Rui down and we walked over to Tanjiro. "Remember, don't be loud." I said. Rui nodded and we walked over to Tanjiro and looked into his crib.

"Aw. He is so cute." Rui said.Tanjiro opened his eyes and yawned. "Aww." Rui said. Tanjiro looked up at Rui, started making happy baby noises, and reaching for Rui. Rui reached down to Tanjiro, allowing Tanjiro to grab his pointer finger. I'm glad they get along

"What's his name?" Rui asked, looking up at me. "His name is Tanjiro." I said, smiling at the two. "Hi Tanjiro. I'm Rui, I'm your big brother." Rui said to Tanjiro. Tanjiro started laughing even more.

The door slammed open, causing Muzan and Rui to look over, and Tanjiro to start crying. I picked up Tanjiro and started rocking him, trying to calm him down.