Chapter 9

The next morning in the butterfly mansion

Tanjiro’s Pov

“TANJIROOOOOOO HELP ME!” I woke up to Zenitsu's annoying whining. I sat up and stretched. “What’s going on?” I asked, doing my best to not get up and strangle Zenitsu. “INOSUKE! I THINK HE’S DEAD! HE ISN’T MOVING OR SCREAMING!” Zenitsu screamed. How are his vocal cords still working? 

I got up and took a second to make my bed look presentable. “Don’t worry, he is probably just asleep.” I said walking over to Inosuke.  I sat next to him and took his boar head off. I knew it. He’s just asleep. I just stood up and put his boar head on his bedside table. “See Zenitsu… He is just asleep.” I said, with my signature fake smile. 

The door slide open, with a loud *BAM* when it hit the wall. The person who opened the door was a short girl, with blue eyes, black hair in pigtails, two butterfly clips,  a demon slayer uniform, and a white dress over it. 

“WHY ARE YOU YELLING?! I HAVE OTHER PATIENTS HERE!” She yelled. “I’m sorry ma’am. He was just worried about our friend.” I apologized. “*Sigh* Just keep it down in here!” She exclaimed. “Yes ma’am.” Zenitsu and I said. “Yellow hair, take your medicine, and red hair, wake up your friend. You two will be starting your rehabilitation training after breakfast.” She said. “Yes ma’am.” I said. She walked away and closed the door. 

I turned to Zenitsu. “Take your medicine, I’ll wake up Inosuke.” I said, turning back to Inosuke. “But it’s gross~” Zenitsu whined. You have got to be kidding me. I looked back at him and smiled. “Don’t worry Zenitsu, it’ll only take a few seconds and will make you feel better.” I said, giving him the brightest smile I could muster. “Ok.” Zenitsu whined then walked over to his bed, with his head down. 

How have I not strangled him yet? I turned back to Inosuke and started shaking him awake. He shot up and tried to scream, forgetting he couldn’t because of the damage. He then jumped up and acting like an angry child. No, scratch that, more like a wild animal. I wonder how I haven’t tried to kill either of them yet. 

“Good morning Inosuke.” I said. He just kept on trying to scream. I give up. 

At breakfast
A

oi’s Pov

The three new nuisances finally got down to breakfast, well the boar kid the the yellow hair kid are but the red hair one is fine. “Hello ms.Aoi.” The red-haired kid said. “Good morning. There is Okayu, you can each take a bowl and go sit down.” I said. “Thank you miss.” He said. “What are your names?” I asked, as they each grabbed a bowl. “My name is Tanjiro, the one with the boar head is Inosuke, and the one with the yellow hair is Zenitsu.” Tanjiro answered. 

“Well, you and Inosuke have rehabilitation training after breakfast, and Ms.Shinobu would like to speak with you afterwards.” I told him, as his friends sat down. “That is the insect hashira, correct?” He asked. I nodded in response. He smiled at me. “Thank you, I’ll make sure to do that.” He thanked me, then went to his friends.  I think he almost blinded me.

About an hour later at the rehabilitation place

Aoi’s POV

Rehabilitation is about to start. Kanao, Kiyo, Sumi, Naho, and I are waiting for Tanjiro and Inosuke to arrive. I heard Kanoa flipping her coin and turned to her. “One of them is the boy ms.Shinobu said to watch, correct?” She asked. “Yes.” I answered.