eleven

Lol

Lol

_________

Madelyn's POV:

I wake up to a pounding headache. I quickly arise from bed and shut the curtains. Good lord. Memories from last night flood my brain as I look in my body-length mirror. God I'm a mess.

I go to my bathroom and wash my face, brush my hair and teeth, and quickly go pee. Today is a day off from set and I couldn't be more grateful. I walk out to my living room, expecting Austin's presence. But, as I realize he isn't there, I wonder if he must still be sleeping.

I cook some food for us and wait for him to wake up. But, as the time drags on, it comes to me that he must be dead or he's gone. I walk over to the spare room door and knock quietly. With no response, I twist the door handle and open the door.

Much to my surprise, the bed is made neatly with a note on the duvet cover. It reads: 'Goodmorning Madelyn, I have some places to be and I didn't want to wake you on my way out. Thank you for letting me stay the night, I'll see you on set tomorrow. - Austin'

I sigh. As I walk back out to the kitchen to dump the plate I made for him, my phone dings. A text from my best friend. I haven't been in contact with her lately. Instead of reading the text, I decide to call her to catch up.

After half an hour of telling Erika all of the juicy details from last night, I hang up and decide to do something with my day. I get dressed and take my car out to the water. After sitting there watching the view for an hour or two, I decide to go to this cute coffee shop I've never visited before.

       After ordering an iced chai tea latte, I sit down and listen to the music playing. The speakers in the coffee shop play 'Meet Me In The Hallway' by Harry Styles. I begin to wonder about Austin. Where is he and what is he doing? Why am I wondering this? God, I'm pathetic. I have one good night with him and now I can't get him off my mind.

       A ding of my phone interrupts these thoughts. I really wish it hadn't. Erika sends me a news article titled 'Austin Butler's New Girlfriend?' I quickly tap on it and read through the news. Kaia Gerber? Attached to the article is a photo of them today, walking around holding hands. Wow. She's really pretty.

       I couldn't help my stomach from dropping. Did last night mean nothing? Was his motives to kiss me just gonna be another one of his hookups? I couldn't help but think he felt something more than that, but now I think that it was one sided.

       I respond to Erika's text with an 'oh. lmao.' and turn my phone off. He left my apartment to go hangout with another girl. It's fine, we are just friends anyways. This can't get between the 'bond' we created last night. We have to be acquainted for this movie anyways whether I like it or not.

       Deciding that I honestly do not care, I call Dacre and ask him to meet up. We've become closer and I feel as though he can help me get my mind off of things. I can't wait to see Austin tomorrow. Not sarcastic at all.

________

Ok so this is kind of a filler chapter but I have more plans for later chapters so just stay w me here. Also THANKS FOR 1K READS THIS IS CRAZY OMF.

________

09/18/2022 - 618 words