Episode 2: Some assembly required

Our episode opens up with the rangers practicing their calligraphy while sensei Nobu lectures them. Nobu explains that the elemental power symbols were a teaching passed down through the Shiba clan for generations over thousands of years and that they are going to need to master them if they are to gain the upper hand against the Akuma clan, all the while Oscar abuses his symbol power by writing the kanji for "sandwich" to make himself a sandwich only for sensei to catch him in the act and poke him in his pressure point as punishment. after the five are dismissed, Ava tells the others that she doesn't trust Kenji and accuses him of being a self-righteous jerk who only cares about himself and his fancy-pants samurai heritage. however they don't believe her, which makes her frustrated and takes her anger out on Kenji and slaps him in the face, followed by her handing her morpher back to sensei telling her that she quits before grabbing her backpack and running off. after that, we cut to Akuma palace where Ashura is frustrated with the ranger's victory over him last episode and orders Octomancer to summon another monster for him: Crawblade, who demonstrates his slicing capabilities by slicing through some of the marauders which impresses lord Ashura. we then cut back to the dojo where Kenji then asks Oscar what's her problem, and Oscar tells Kenji that him and Ava were childhood friends and that Ava's sister died in a car accident when she was little which is why she's so grumpy. sensei tells them that this is bad, as they need all five of them in order for the combining symbol to work (AKA the power symbol that will unite their origami zords into the samurai megazord). the four then split up to look for her, only for the four of them to find her in the middle of the park taking her anger out by whacking a tree repeatedly with her shinai while mumbling to herself about how she hates Kenji. Kenji then apologizes to her as Oscar told him everything about her sister and that he knows exactly how it feels to lose someone he cares about and tells her about losing his grandpa. Oscar then tosses back her morpher however she tells the others to just leave her alone before sensei contacts the rangers and tells them that another monster is attacking the city. Ava then has a change of heart and re-joins the rangers to confront the monster before the five morph (cue shinkenger episode 2 fight). Ava's earth slicer accidentally injures Kenji allowing the monster to gain the upper hand. Ava remembering Kenji's words jumps in and takes the hit for him along with the other rangers who are knocked back and de-morphed. the four then see Kenji fighting off a monster while trying to protect a small child followed by Ava apologizing to the others for being so wrong. after the four morph again to aid Kenji in destroying the monster with an elemental slash, Nocturna shows up and strums her shamisen to make the monster grow. the five then summon the origami zords and attempt to form the samurai megazord (cue Shinkenger episode 2 megazord fight). the megazord then defeats the monster with a samurai slash, followed by Ashura panicking over his second defeat followed by Octomancer activating a retreat spell that sinks the Akuma palace back into the netherworld. after that, our episode ends with sensei Nobu congratulating his five students on a job well done and tells them that there will be more battles ahead of them meaning that they'll be staying here for the long-run until lord Ashura is destroyed. however with his guidance, they will learn to become samurai that grandpa Mako would be proud of.