Episode 29: Moving day

Our episode opens up with Sadie in her room arranging her anime plushies and action figures before turning on the TV to see an ad for her favorite J-pop band the Tokyo boys and starts fangirling upon hearing that they're now playing here in America until sensei Nobu enters her room and informs her that they have a visitor who want to see her. Sadie then answers the door only to realize it's her mother of which she is happy to see. Sadie's mother then tells her that after a long consideration she has decided that they're moving to Hawaii. Sadie however objects by telling her that she has a life here training to be a samurai which makes her laugh, thinking her daughter is talking about her fantasizing in being one of those "Chinese cartoons" that she watches. Sadie is frustrated by how ignorant her mom is and retaliates by telling her that its called "anime" and that it's Japanese not Chinese and she can't make her leave before running away crying while hugging her kitty plushie. Kenji then apologizes to Sadie's mom before she asks Kenji if he's her boyfriend that Sadie keeps telling her about, followed by Kenji comically blushing before sensei Nobu takes Kenji out of the room. we then cut to Sadie sitting down at Bulk's sushi spot while sulking followed by Bulk asking Sadie why she's so down in the dumps. Sadie then tells Bulk that her mom is forcing her to move with her to Hawaii and that she doesn't want to leave her friends behind. Bulk tries to comfort her, telling her that everything's going to be alright as long as she keeps the memories they shared together with her wherever she goes. this causes Sadie to have childhood flashbacks where we see that her mother ridiculed her fascination with Japanese culture and history (we see young Sadie watching samurai pizza cats on TV in this flashback) which frustrates Sadie as it makes her feel that she doesn't understand her along with otaku culture in general and accuses her mother of being ignorant. we then cut back to the present day where Sadie's mom arrives and tells her that they need to get to the ferry as soon as possible before it leaves much to her frustration. after that, we cut to Akuma palace where Serrator proposes his latest plan to lord Ashura: force the last descendant of the Shiba clan to surrender by using the one he cares about the most as a bargaining chip: the pink ranger, which causes Nocturna to have flashbacks. after that, we cut back to the dojo where Sadie hands her morpher back to sensei Nobu before packing her things and saying goodbye to each of her teammates, followed by her and Kenji holding hands followed by Sadie confessing her love to Kenji. Kenji then asks Sadie that since she's so obsessed with everything Japanese, would she still love him if he wasn't Japanese. however before Sadie could answer that her mom reminds her that it's time to go and she leaves. after that, we cut to Sadie and her mom arriving at the seaport only to be ambushed by Serrator along with an army of marauders followed by the four rangers arriving on their samurai cycles before engaging the marauders on foot. while the rangers are distracted, Serrator and Nocturna capture Sadie and her mother before escaping much to the ranger's frustration. after that, we cut to the abandoned warehouse district where Serrator holds the two captive and explains to them about his master plan: use her as a bargaining chip to make her boyfriend Kenji Shiba surrender to the Akuma clan, all the while Nocturna watches and starts having flashbacks, wondering why this is happening. we then cut back to the dojo where Kenji starts guilt-tripping about not being able to save Sadie, having flashbacks to when the two of them first met when Kenji washed up on the shores of stone canyon back in episode 1. sensei Nobu tries to comfort his nephew, telling him that they'll rescue Sadie before handing his nephew two tickets to the Tokyo boys concert telling him to give one of these to Sadie when he rescues her. the gap sensor then goes off prompting the five to morph and hop on their samurai cycles before arriving at the abandoned warehouse only to be confronted by Serrator and the marauders before we cut to Sadie and her mom still being held hostage with Sadie's mother confessing her reason for moving: that since stone canyon is prone to monster attacks nearly every week she wanted to move to Hawaii so that she and her could be safe and that even though she doesn't understand her obsession with japan she'd be willing to accept her for who she is as long as she knows she is safe. Sadie then begins to cry tears of joy before the lion origami zord chews the rope open setting the two of them free. the other rangers get their butts kicked by Serrator followed by Sadie telling her mother to go find somewhere safe before whipping out her samurai morpher followed by her mom watching her morph into the pink samurai ranger with Mrs. Hill in disbelief of how her little girl is a power ranger. Sadie fights Serrator one-on-one before Kenji tosses Sadie the black box morphing her into super samurai mode to give Serrator a taste of her super sky slash. Serrator then summons the Akumazord before retreating to the netherworld, followed by Sadie summoning the samurai megazord while Kenji summons the bullzord (cue shinkenger episode 34 megazord fight). after the Akumazord and the giant marauders are destroyed, Nocturna watches wondering what these visions she's been having are before Deker arrives on the scene telling her to come with him and he'll show her. after that, we cut to the dojo where Kenji shows the two concert tickets sensei gave him to Sadie, which causes her to squee in excitement as the Tokyo boys concert is tonight followed by the two confessing their love to each other followed by Sadie's mom telling her that they're staying in stone canyon and that she know she's the pink ranger much to her surprise but she assures that her secret's safe with her before giving her permission to go to the concert with Kenji and our episode ends with the two lovebirds attending the concert while Sadie teaches Kenji how to dance.