Chapter 4

Winter and Qibli were currently reading some scrolls they brought with them, Qibli was reading about Royal events and how to treat guests since he was a Prince and Winter was reading a.... Love story? He thought he could learn how to confess his feelings to Qibli by reading Love stories and so far they were actually helping.

Suddenly yelling and shouting is heard outside their dorm, Qibli looks at Winter and the Icewing shrugs not knowing what was going on. They get up from their beds and look outside to see a bunch of dragons chasing a Scavenger, Winter's eyes flash with excitement he was amazed by Scavengers and always wanted one but whenever he did get one, they would just end up as a pile of bloody pieces. Qibli looks at the Scavenger confused wondering why it was in the school, they both run after the Scavenger to make sure that it wasn't eaten.

They arrive to the Prey center and saw Moon holding the Scavenger in her talons.

Winter: Moon wait! Don't eat it!

Moonwatcher: E-eat it?! Moons NO! I'm just trying to calm it down.

True to her words, she was actually trying to calm the Scavenger down but by the looks of it, it wasn't working. Winter looks at the Scavenger and an idea popped into his mind, he wasn't sure if it would work but he had to try.

Winter: Hey, let me try.

Moon was hesitant at first but gave the Scavenger to Winter, he looks down at the scared and shivering Scavenger before humming a lullaby to it much to everyone's shock and Icicle's annoyance. She knew the lullaby Winter was humming and it annoyed her to see him sing it but for some reason she also felt sad.

The Scavenger had stopped shivering the moment it heard the lullaby and began to close it eyes, it laid down on Winter's talon and fell asleep. Everyone looks at Winter in amazement, Moon herself took a step back, first she can't hear any of Winter's thoughts now he can put Scavengers to sleep.

Moonwatcher: 'Just what are you, Winter?'

Qibli: Woah! Winter how did you do that?

Winter: Well, it looked like a scared dragonet so I sang the lullaby Aunt Blaze would sing to me whenever I couldn't sleep.

Qibli: Really? Maybe you could sing it to me someday.

Winter blushed at this, he starts daydreaming of him singing to Qibli while said dragon was laid down next to him. Qibli snaps his claws in front of Winter and told him that they need to head to Sunny's office to get the Scavenger out of the school, Winter nods and follows Qibli not noticing the glare Icicle was sending him.