Chapter 8

Today was an interesting day for both the Jade winglet and Gold winglet, they were all in front of a cave that had a sign labeling it as "The Cooking Cave". They all whispered to themselves wondering why they would need to learn how to cook when they all eat raw meat, minus Kinkajou of course.

Clay: Good you're all here.

Moonwatcher: Um Clay?

Clay: Yes?

Moonwatcher: Why do we need to learn how to cook?

Clay: Sunny suggested it after she tasted roasted meat and honey dipped scorpions for the first time.

Qibli's mouth hangs open and he licked his lips at the thought of honey dipped scorpions, they are his favorite snack to eat and Sunny usually got him some. Winter looks at Qibli and pouts, if a simple snack can make Qibli like that then he'll try his best to make the greatest meal he'll ever taste. Icicle gagged at thought of eating common food, she would be served a Seal with some Penguins and a Ice-cream at the Ice-palace but this wasn't the palace.

Everyone enters the cave and were surprised by the look of it, there were rows of shelves filled with cooking ingredients like spices, vegetables and fruits. At the end of the cave was a furnace right under a skyhole to let the smoke escape outside.

Clay: Ok, we'll be cooking in pairs so please choose a partner.

Winter immediately tried getting Qibli to be his partner but Moon got to him first, Winter growled but sighed and started looking for another dragon to partner up with but unfortunately the only dragon available was Icicle.

Winter: 'Why?! She's going to kill me!'

Icicle walks up to Winter and he closes his eyes waiting for the pain but instead of pain, he felt Icicle gently grab his arm and drag him to their seats. Winter looked at Icicle in confusion he was expecting to be beaten In Front of the entire class, not this. The two took their seats and Winter saw Qibli give him a sad look before facing forward, Clay told them to cook something that tasted bitter and salty but also sweet.  

Winter: Something bitter, salt and sweet?

Icicle: Do you even know what to get?

Winter jumped at Icicle's voice, she was too close to him and yet he doesn't feel like his in danger which surprised him, usually whenever he was close to Icicle or any member of his family he would feel unsafe and start running away.

Winter: Um yeah.

Icicle: list them down, I'll get them.

Now something was definitely wrong, Icicle would never want to get something herself she always ordered him to get. Winter lists down what he need to start cooking and Icicle left to get the ingredients, Winter grabs a bowl and filled it with water from the small pool in the cave Icicle soon came back with some spices and fruits, Winter grabs the spices then mixed them together with the water.

Winter: Um c-can you cut the fruits?

Icicle: Sure.

As Icicle went to grab a knife Winter slapped himself, he just gave his abusive sister a weapon to kill him. Icicle came back and began cutting the fruits, Winter scoots away from her just the be safe that's when he heard his sister's hiss of pain. He looks at her and saw Icicle holding her talon that was bleeding.

Winter: Clay!!! It's Icicle she's bleed!

Clay quickly ran over with a bandage and helped stop the bleed, he told Icicle to not do anything or use her talon to let it heal.

Icicle: Should've just left me to bleed to death.

Winter: Why would I do that? I'm not our.... your father.

Icicle raised an eyebrow at Winter, he said her father meaning he no longer considers Narwhale his father. She looks at his neck and notice the Crystal-blue and Bright-gold  colour necklace he wore.

Icicle: You never take that off... why?

Winter: It's from Aunt Blaze, the gold colour represents her and the blue colour represents Aunt Glacier.

Winter looks at the black stone attached to the necklace and smiled, remembers when Blaze came back to the palace excited about the stone and the fact that it fell from the sky. Icicle wonders what her Aunts are like, Tundra always told her that Glacier was not fit to rule because she married Blaze but she doesn't trust her mother anymore so she wants to get to know her Aunts better and make up with Winter.